Two charged in connection with Stratford murder
- Credit: Google
Two people have been charged in connection with an alleged murder after a man was stabbed to death in Stratford.
Giedrius Juskauskas, a 42-year-old from East Ham, was found unconscious and with stab injuries by officers and paramedics on Whalebone Lane, next to Stratford Park, at 12.40am on June 17.
He was pronounced dead at the scene around 20 minutes later.
A post-mortem found blood loss as the cause of death.
Two people were charged in relation to the killing on June 20.
You may also want to watch:
Mantas Kvedaras, 25, was charged with murder and a woman, Asta Juskauskiene, 34, accused of conspiracy to commit murder.
Both appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Friday and remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey this Thursday.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
A 17-year-old girl was also arrested, but has been released on bail to a date in late July.
Police are still appealing for witnesses.
Detective Chief Inspector Larry Smith said: "I am urging anyone with information regarding this fatal stabbing to come forward."
Anyone around Whalebone Lane at the time of the incident or anyone who saw anything suspicious is being urged to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985, calling 101 quoting CAD 233/17JUN or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.