Charges dropped against Stratford man, 20, in Joshua Bwalya murder case
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Murder charges have been dropped against a Stratford man accused of stabbing to death teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, and Ayrton Ambrose, of Glengale Road, Peckham, were held in connection to the 16-year-old’s murder after an attack which injured another 16-year-old boy and a man, 20.
Joshua was found in the street in Movers Lane early on August 2.
Post-mortem tests showed he died from stab wounds to the chest.
The case against the pair, both aged 20, was discontinued at the Old Bailey earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
They last appeared in court yesterday and had been remanded in custody charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving