Charges dropped against Stratford man, 20, in Joshua Bwalya murder case
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Murder charges have been dropped against a Stratford man accused of stabbing to death teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, and Ayrton Ambrose, of Glengale Road, Peckham, were held in connection to the 16-year-old’s murder after an attack which injured another 16-year-old boy and a man, 20.
Joshua was found in the street in Movers Lane early on August 2.
Post-mortem tests showed he died from stab wounds to the chest.
The case against the pair, both aged 20, was discontinued at the Old Bailey earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
They last appeared in court yesterday and had been remanded in custody charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 6 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections