Charges dropped against Stratford man, 20, in Joshua Bwalya murder case
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Murder charges have been dropped against a Stratford man accused of stabbing to death teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, and Ayrton Ambrose, of Glengale Road, Peckham, were held in connection to the 16-year-old’s murder after an attack which injured another 16-year-old boy and a man, 20.
Joshua was found in the street in Movers Lane early on August 2.
Post-mortem tests showed he died from stab wounds to the chest.
The case against the pair, both aged 20, was discontinued at the Old Bailey earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
They last appeared in court yesterday and had been remanded in custody charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing