CCTV released in hunt for carjacker who threatened man with ‘machete-style knife’
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have appealed for help to find a man who threatened another man with a large machete-style knife during a carjacking.
The victim, 22, was driving along Bluebell Avenue, Newham, when a group of three men standing near a railway bridge, blocked the road just after midnight on November 19, last year.
One of the suspects jumped on the bonnet of the Volkswagen Passat while another opened the driver’s door with a knife, threatening the man inside.
He was dragged out of his vehicle, and his wallet and mobile phone were stolen. The suspects then got into the car and sped off.
CCTV footage has been released by officers of a man they believe could have vital information about the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him or has further information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections