CCTV released in hunt for carjacker who threatened man with ‘machete-style knife’
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have appealed for help to find a man who threatened another man with a large machete-style knife during a carjacking.
The victim, 22, was driving along Bluebell Avenue, Newham, when a group of three men standing near a railway bridge, blocked the road just after midnight on November 19, last year.
One of the suspects jumped on the bonnet of the Volkswagen Passat while another opened the driver’s door with a knife, threatening the man inside.
He was dragged out of his vehicle, and his wallet and mobile phone were stolen. The suspects then got into the car and sped off.
CCTV footage has been released by officers of a man they believe could have vital information about the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him or has further information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money