CCTV released in hunt for carjacker who threatened man with ‘machete-style knife’
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have appealed for help to find a man who threatened another man with a large machete-style knife during a carjacking.
The victim, 22, was driving along Bluebell Avenue, Newham, when a group of three men standing near a railway bridge, blocked the road just after midnight on November 19, last year.
One of the suspects jumped on the bonnet of the Volkswagen Passat while another opened the driver’s door with a knife, threatening the man inside.
He was dragged out of his vehicle, and his wallet and mobile phone were stolen. The suspects then got into the car and sped off.
CCTV footage has been released by officers of a man they believe could have vital information about the attack.
Anyone who recognises him or has further information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Late Maupay equaliser holds West Ham to Brighton draw