CCTV released in hunt for carjacker who threatened man with ‘machete-style knife’
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have appealed for help to find a man who threatened another man with a large machete-style knife during a carjacking.
The victim, 22, was driving along Bluebell Avenue, Newham, when a group of three men standing near a railway bridge, blocked the road just after midnight on November 19, last year.
One of the suspects jumped on the bonnet of the Volkswagen Passat while another opened the driver’s door with a knife, threatening the man inside.
He was dragged out of his vehicle, and his wallet and mobile phone were stolen. The suspects then got into the car and sped off.
CCTV footage has been released by officers of a man they believe could have vital information about the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him or has further information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing