CCTV: Police appeal after woman sexually assaulted on Stratford-bound train
- Credit: Archant
Police detectives released a CCTV image yesterday of a man wanted in connection with a sexual assault on an overground train.
The man targeted a 25-year-old woman from Wanstead who got on the train at Liverpool Street station alone at 1.40pm on Saturday May 11.
The suspect sat opposite her and performed an indecent act whilst staring at her so the victim moved to stand up by the doors.
As the train arrived at Stratford station, the man touched the woman inappropriately as he left.
British Transport Police have released this CCTV image of a man investigators are keen to speak to about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Jon Howlett, investigating officer, said: “The victim was left understandably shaken by this attack. “Assaults of this nature are extremely rare on the rail network, but, when they do occur, we will do all we can to find those responsible and bring them to justice.”
Enquiries into the assault are ongoing and officers would also like witnesses to come forward.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
Anyone with information is urged to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting background reference B3/LNA of 13/06/2013 the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.