CCTV: Police appeal after woman sexually assaulted on Stratford-bound train
- Credit: Archant
Police detectives released a CCTV image yesterday of a man wanted in connection with a sexual assault on an overground train.
The man targeted a 25-year-old woman from Wanstead who got on the train at Liverpool Street station alone at 1.40pm on Saturday May 11.
The suspect sat opposite her and performed an indecent act whilst staring at her so the victim moved to stand up by the doors.
As the train arrived at Stratford station, the man touched the woman inappropriately as he left.
British Transport Police have released this CCTV image of a man investigators are keen to speak to about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Jon Howlett, investigating officer, said: “The victim was left understandably shaken by this attack. “Assaults of this nature are extremely rare on the rail network, but, when they do occur, we will do all we can to find those responsible and bring them to justice.”
Enquiries into the assault are ongoing and officers would also like witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
Anyone with information is urged to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting background reference B3/LNA of 13/06/2013 the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.