CCTV: Police appeal after woman sexually assaulted on Stratford-bound train
- Credit: Archant
Police detectives released a CCTV image yesterday of a man wanted in connection with a sexual assault on an overground train.
The man targeted a 25-year-old woman from Wanstead who got on the train at Liverpool Street station alone at 1.40pm on Saturday May 11.
The suspect sat opposite her and performed an indecent act whilst staring at her so the victim moved to stand up by the doors.
As the train arrived at Stratford station, the man touched the woman inappropriately as he left.
British Transport Police have released this CCTV image of a man investigators are keen to speak to about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Jon Howlett, investigating officer, said: “The victim was left understandably shaken by this attack. “Assaults of this nature are extremely rare on the rail network, but, when they do occur, we will do all we can to find those responsible and bring them to justice.”
Enquiries into the assault are ongoing and officers would also like witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 2 Plaistow shisha bar handed closure order for flouting lockdown rules
- 3 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 4 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 5 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 6 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 7 Future of Carpenters Estate tower block is a step closer
- 8 Celebrating International Women's Day
- 9 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 10 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
Anyone with information is urged to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting background reference B3/LNA of 13/06/2013 the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.