CCTV images: Three men wanted for assault on Stratford nightbus
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of three men after a passenger was beaten and nearly dragged off a nightbus travelling to Stratford.
The trio boarded a number N25 bus near the junction of the A11 and A12 at around 2am on December 30.
Police said the men pressed the ‘stop’ button continually when a man in his late 30s asked them to cease.
The group then attacked the victim, kicking and punching him before unsuccessfully attempting to drag him off the bus.
The suspects fled the bus at the junction of Romford Road and Rabbits Road, Manor Park.
The victim was treated for facial injuries in hospital and subsequently discharged. No arrests have been made.
Det Con Glenn Peach, leading the investigation, said: “We have managed to secure good quality images of the people we would like to speak to - if you recognise them, I would urge you to contact police.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 3 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 4 'Never limit ourselves': Newham dance school reaches 18 years of success
- 5 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 6 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 7 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 8 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 9 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
“A man, trying to make his way home, was viciously assaulted for making a trivial request to a group who were behaving in an anti-social manner.
“Anyone who commits a violent act will be pursued, arrested and put before the courts to face justice.”
Anyone who recognises these men, or who was on the bus, should contact the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8217 5851 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting the relevant reference number: Image1 - 114979; Image2 - 114980; Image3 - 114981.