CCTV images: Three men wanted for assault on Stratford nightbus
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of three men after a passenger was beaten and nearly dragged off a nightbus travelling to Stratford.
The trio boarded a number N25 bus near the junction of the A11 and A12 at around 2am on December 30.
Police said the men pressed the ‘stop’ button continually when a man in his late 30s asked them to cease.
The group then attacked the victim, kicking and punching him before unsuccessfully attempting to drag him off the bus.
The suspects fled the bus at the junction of Romford Road and Rabbits Road, Manor Park.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was treated for facial injuries in hospital and subsequently discharged. No arrests have been made.
Det Con Glenn Peach, leading the investigation, said: “We have managed to secure good quality images of the people we would like to speak to - if you recognise them, I would urge you to contact police.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 6 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 7 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 8 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
“A man, trying to make his way home, was viciously assaulted for making a trivial request to a group who were behaving in an anti-social manner.
“Anyone who commits a violent act will be pursued, arrested and put before the courts to face justice.”
Anyone who recognises these men, or who was on the bus, should contact the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8217 5851 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting the relevant reference number: Image1 - 114979; Image2 - 114980; Image3 - 114981.