CCTV images: Three men wanted for assault on Stratford nightbus
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of three men after a passenger was beaten and nearly dragged off a nightbus travelling to Stratford.
The trio boarded a number N25 bus near the junction of the A11 and A12 at around 2am on December 30.
Police said the men pressed the ‘stop’ button continually when a man in his late 30s asked them to cease.
The group then attacked the victim, kicking and punching him before unsuccessfully attempting to drag him off the bus.
The suspects fled the bus at the junction of Romford Road and Rabbits Road, Manor Park.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was treated for facial injuries in hospital and subsequently discharged. No arrests have been made.
Det Con Glenn Peach, leading the investigation, said: “We have managed to secure good quality images of the people we would like to speak to - if you recognise them, I would urge you to contact police.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
“A man, trying to make his way home, was viciously assaulted for making a trivial request to a group who were behaving in an anti-social manner.
“Anyone who commits a violent act will be pursued, arrested and put before the courts to face justice.”
Anyone who recognises these men, or who was on the bus, should contact the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8217 5851 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting the relevant reference number: Image1 - 114979; Image2 - 114980; Image3 - 114981.