CCTV images released following brutal assault at Forest Gate station
- Credit: Archant
Officers have released CCTV images of four men they are trying to locate after a man was savagely assaulted at Forest Gate station.
The 30-year-old victim was followed into the station by a gang of five men on April 12 at about 4pm.
He was punched, kicked, and beaten with a piece of wood during the attack.
Detective Constable Jon Howlett said: “The victim was assaulted by a group of five men who appeared to follow him inside.
“He was kicked, punched and beaten with a piece of wood during the assault, which left him in need of hospital treatment for wounds to his head.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of their investigation into the incident, officers have viewed CCTV from the station and have issued several images.
DC Howlett added: “Violent incidents of this nature are extremely rare on the rail network.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
“We need anyone who witnessed the assault to get in touch. I think the men in the images we are issuing today can help with our investigation.
“If you recognise them, please get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B14 of 29/04/2015. Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.