CCTV images: Man robbed twice after night out as he slept at Maryland Station
- Credit: Archant
Passersby twice took advantage of a young man after he fell asleep on a bench after a night out with friends.
The 23-year-old from Manor Park had been out drinking on Sunday December 23 and he was waiting for a train home from Maryland Station.
At around 12.30am, he fell asleep on a bench and was approached by a man who, instead of waking him up, went through his pockets.
Two hours later, the victim was targeted again by another two men who checked he was asleep before robbing him.
Altogether, the thieves took his phone, wallet, cash, and travel ticket.
You may also want to watch:
After reviewing CCTV footage, police identified three men to speak to in connection with the incident and they urge the public to get in contact if they recognise them.
Det Con Sally Everritt added: “The victim had been having a good night, which unfortunately took a turn for the worse when he fell asleep at the station.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
“I am keen to speak with the men in the pictures and want anyone who recognises them to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting the reference B2/LNA of 30/01/2013 or give information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.