CCTV images: Man robbed twice after night out as he slept at Maryland Station
- Credit: Archant
Passersby twice took advantage of a young man after he fell asleep on a bench after a night out with friends.
The 23-year-old from Manor Park had been out drinking on Sunday December 23 and he was waiting for a train home from Maryland Station.
At around 12.30am, he fell asleep on a bench and was approached by a man who, instead of waking him up, went through his pockets.
Two hours later, the victim was targeted again by another two men who checked he was asleep before robbing him.
Altogether, the thieves took his phone, wallet, cash, and travel ticket.
You may also want to watch:
After reviewing CCTV footage, police identified three men to speak to in connection with the incident and they urge the public to get in contact if they recognise them.
Det Con Sally Everritt added: “The victim had been having a good night, which unfortunately took a turn for the worse when he fell asleep at the station.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
“I am keen to speak with the men in the pictures and want anyone who recognises them to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting the reference B2/LNA of 30/01/2013 or give information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.