CCTV images: Man robbed twice after night out as he slept at Maryland Station
- Credit: Archant
Passersby twice took advantage of a young man after he fell asleep on a bench after a night out with friends.
The 23-year-old from Manor Park had been out drinking on Sunday December 23 and he was waiting for a train home from Maryland Station.
At around 12.30am, he fell asleep on a bench and was approached by a man who, instead of waking him up, went through his pockets.
Two hours later, the victim was targeted again by another two men who checked he was asleep before robbing him.
Altogether, the thieves took his phone, wallet, cash, and travel ticket.
You may also want to watch:
After reviewing CCTV footage, police identified three men to speak to in connection with the incident and they urge the public to get in contact if they recognise them.
Det Con Sally Everritt added: “The victim had been having a good night, which unfortunately took a turn for the worse when he fell asleep at the station.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
“I am keen to speak with the men in the pictures and want anyone who recognises them to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting the reference B2/LNA of 30/01/2013 or give information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.