CCTV appeal to catch East Ham restaurant burglar
- Credit: Met police
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify and speak to in connection with a restaurant burglary.
Police were called at 11.12am on Monday, May 30 to a report of a burglary at Priya Restaurant in High Street North, East Ham.
The burglary was reported to have taken place between 4.30am and 4.53am on 30 May.
A quantity of cash was stolen from the till. The suspect had forced the basement window open and entered the restaurant through the kitchen.
CCTV from within the restaurant caught the moment the suspect broke into the tills and damaged the DVD player whilst looking for valuable property. The suspect then left the premises through the rear fire exit door.
The suspect is described as white man of medium built, aged in his late 20s wearing a black top with red detail on the shoulders, grey tracksuit bottoms and black Nike trainers.
Police want to hear from anyone who may recognise or witness the man shown on CCTV.
- 1 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 6 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 7 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 8 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 9 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 10 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101, quoting reference number 216358, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.