CCTV appeal to catch East Ham restaurant burglar
- Credit: Met police
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify and speak to in connection with a restaurant burglary.
Police were called at 11.12am on Monday, May 30 to a report of a burglary at Priya Restaurant in High Street North, East Ham.
The burglary was reported to have taken place between 4.30am and 4.53am on 30 May.
A quantity of cash was stolen from the till. The suspect had forced the basement window open and entered the restaurant through the kitchen.
CCTV from within the restaurant caught the moment the suspect broke into the tills and damaged the DVD player whilst looking for valuable property. The suspect then left the premises through the rear fire exit door.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white man of medium built, aged in his late 20s wearing a black top with red detail on the shoulders, grey tracksuit bottoms and black Nike trainers.
Police want to hear from anyone who may recognise or witness the man shown on CCTV.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101, quoting reference number 216358, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.