CCTV appeal to catch East Ham restaurant burglar
- Credit: Met police
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify and speak to in connection with a restaurant burglary.
Police were called at 11.12am on Monday, May 30 to a report of a burglary at Priya Restaurant in High Street North, East Ham.
The burglary was reported to have taken place between 4.30am and 4.53am on 30 May.
A quantity of cash was stolen from the till. The suspect had forced the basement window open and entered the restaurant through the kitchen.
CCTV from within the restaurant caught the moment the suspect broke into the tills and damaged the DVD player whilst looking for valuable property. The suspect then left the premises through the rear fire exit door.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white man of medium built, aged in his late 20s wearing a black top with red detail on the shoulders, grey tracksuit bottoms and black Nike trainers.
Police want to hear from anyone who may recognise or witness the man shown on CCTV.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 4 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 5 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Family sends 'heartfelt thanks' after missing East Ham girl found
- 7 'A key moment': Plans to expand ExCeL by 21,000sqm approved
- 8 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Government allocates millions of pounds to help people through winter - how much did your area receive?
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101, quoting reference number 216358, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.