CCTV appeal to catch East Ham restaurant burglar
- Credit: Met police
Detectives have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify and speak to in connection with a restaurant burglary.
Police were called at 11.12am on Monday, May 30 to a report of a burglary at Priya Restaurant in High Street North, East Ham.
The burglary was reported to have taken place between 4.30am and 4.53am on 30 May.
A quantity of cash was stolen from the till. The suspect had forced the basement window open and entered the restaurant through the kitchen.
CCTV from within the restaurant caught the moment the suspect broke into the tills and damaged the DVD player whilst looking for valuable property. The suspect then left the premises through the rear fire exit door.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white man of medium built, aged in his late 20s wearing a black top with red detail on the shoulders, grey tracksuit bottoms and black Nike trainers.
Police want to hear from anyone who may recognise or witness the man shown on CCTV.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101, quoting reference number 216358, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.