Images released to identify two men following violent Newham robbery
- Credit: Met Police
CCTV images have been released of two men police wish to identify following a violent robbery in Newham.
A 22-year-old man was allegedly attacked from behind by three males as he walked along St Georges Road, Forest Gate, at around 10.15pm on October 29.
The suspects took £20 from the victim before knocking him to the floor and jointly attacking him, Scotland Yard said.
The victim was taken to hospital with head and facial injuries and a broken leg.
His treatment is ongoing.
Detectives have released CCTV images of two of the men they need to speak with in connection with the assault.
Det Con Tiffany Africa, of the Met’s North East Command, said: “Our investigation into this assault remains ongoing, but we need your help to identify those people responsible.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 4 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 8 West Ham will add more after Cornet signing says Moyes
- 9 Boys locked up for murdering 14-year-old Fares Maatou
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
“Do you recognise anyone in these images? Were you in the area at the time or the attack, and did you film it on your phone?
“We need to locate the people behind this assault. Do the right thing and call us.”
Anyone with information or footage should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD 8133/29Nov.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.