CCTV appeal after man attacked at Upton Park bus stop
- Credit: Met Police
Police have released CCTV footage of two men they wish to speak to in connection with a robbery and a separate chase of a woman.
A 40-year-old man was allegedly assaulted and had his wallet stolen outside The Queens pub in Green Street, Upton Park in the early hours of Wednesday, October 12 as he waited at the bus stop by Queen’s Market.
Two men were said to have approached him at 2.40am to ask how to get a taxi. When the victim replied that his English was limited, the two men allegedly assaulted him with a pipe, then searched him and stole his phone, wallet and money.
Police were called at 3am and the victim was taken to an east London hospital by paramedics after suffering cuts and bruises to his head and a cut to his forearm. He was later discharged after treatment.
CCTV also caught the moment a woman was chased by the same two suspects at 2.12am in the same location. She has not been traced and it is unknown if she was also robbed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for help in finding the two men caught on CCTV in connection with both incidents.
Suspect one is described as a black man wearing a red baseball cap, dark coloured jumper with ‘Ghelle’ written in white over the chest and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 6 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
Suspect two is described as a black man in his 20s wearing a white hooded top with a dark body warmer, black belt and white trousers.
Detective Constable Faye Cook, from Newham CID, said: “This was a shocking incident that has left the victim very distressed. We are keen to identify the two men in the CCTV footage so we can speak to them about the incident.
“We would also urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us as well as anyone who might have been a victim of these two suspects. We are particularly keen for the woman who was chased by the suspects the same night to come forward.”
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.