CCTV appeal after man attacked at Upton Park bus stop
- Credit: Met Police
Police have released CCTV footage of two men they wish to speak to in connection with a robbery and a separate chase of a woman.
A 40-year-old man was allegedly assaulted and had his wallet stolen outside The Queens pub in Green Street, Upton Park in the early hours of Wednesday, October 12 as he waited at the bus stop by Queen’s Market.
Two men were said to have approached him at 2.40am to ask how to get a taxi. When the victim replied that his English was limited, the two men allegedly assaulted him with a pipe, then searched him and stole his phone, wallet and money.
Police were called at 3am and the victim was taken to an east London hospital by paramedics after suffering cuts and bruises to his head and a cut to his forearm. He was later discharged after treatment.
CCTV also caught the moment a woman was chased by the same two suspects at 2.12am in the same location. She has not been traced and it is unknown if she was also robbed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for help in finding the two men caught on CCTV in connection with both incidents.
Suspect one is described as a black man wearing a red baseball cap, dark coloured jumper with ‘Ghelle’ written in white over the chest and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
Suspect two is described as a black man in his 20s wearing a white hooded top with a dark body warmer, black belt and white trousers.
Detective Constable Faye Cook, from Newham CID, said: “This was a shocking incident that has left the victim very distressed. We are keen to identify the two men in the CCTV footage so we can speak to them about the incident.
“We would also urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us as well as anyone who might have been a victim of these two suspects. We are particularly keen for the woman who was chased by the suspects the same night to come forward.”
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.