Police investigating East Ham stabbing of Shadika Patel release CCTV images after second arrest
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of a woman in East Ham have released CCTV footage of a man they urgently need to identify.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder after Shadika Mohsin Patel, 40, was stabbed around 12.44am on Thursday, March 19, on Altmore Avenue, near the junction with Barking Road.
Ms Patel died later in hospital and a post-mortem examination revealed cause of death as blood loss following multiple stab wounds. Her next of kin have been informed.
Detectives would like to speak to the man pictured and urge anyone who can help identify or locate him to contact police.
If you see him, do not approach him and call 999 immediately.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp John Marriott from the Met’s specialist crime command said: “It is vitally important that we identify the man in the image as soon as possible.
“I would ask all members of the public to look at this image and see if they recognise him.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
“I still want to speak with anybody who may have known Ms Patel or seen her in the weeks before her murder.
“My colleagues and I are working tirelessly to identify and apprehend the person responsible for this despicable killing, and the support and assistance of the local community is invaluable to us.”
On Saturday, March 21, a 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and has been released on bail.
In the early hours of Friday, March 20, a 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and has been released under investigation.
Police enquiries are ongoing, including extensive analysis of CCTV, detailed forensic investigations and door-knocking in the area.
Detectives are keeping an open mind as to any motive for the attack and are not currently linking the murder to any other investigation.
Police officers are still conducting additional patrols in and around the East Ham area.
Det Insp Marriott said: “Please do speak with officers if you have any information relating to the tragic murder of Ms Patel, if you need advice on staying safe, or if you know something that could help officers to continue tackling crime in the area.”
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV images, or who has information that may assist the investigation, is asked to call the incident room in 020 8345 3715.
Information can also be reported anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.