East Ham man banned from Stratford after being stopped in stolen car where police found a knife
- Credit: Archant
A man found in a stolen car with a knife has been banned from Stratford for two years.
Carlos Pinto Chaves of Wakefield Street, East Ham, fled after police stopped him in Portway, Plaistow, driving a stolen white Hyundai ix35 with fake number plates in March.
Officers caught him and found the knife in the vehicle.
Chaves, 29, pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods at Stratford Magistrates’ Court but police arrested him a second time when he failed to show for sentencing.
A charge of handling points and blades was dropped due to a lack of evidence.
You may also want to watch:
Chaves received a 12 month community order and has to do 120 hours unpaid work.
The court imposed a criminal behaviour on Thursday (November 22) barring him from Westfield Stratford City, the Broadway, The Mall, Stratford and West Ham parks for two years. He was banned from being in public with two or more people in Stratford.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
Det Supt Zena Marshall said: “We will continue seeking these orders as part of our strategy to tackle crime.”