East Ham man banned from Stratford after being stopped in stolen car where police found a knife
- Credit: Archant
A man found in a stolen car with a knife has been banned from Stratford for two years.
Carlos Pinto Chaves of Wakefield Street, East Ham, fled after police stopped him in Portway, Plaistow, driving a stolen white Hyundai ix35 with fake number plates in March.
Officers caught him and found the knife in the vehicle.
Chaves, 29, pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods at Stratford Magistrates’ Court but police arrested him a second time when he failed to show for sentencing.
A charge of handling points and blades was dropped due to a lack of evidence.
You may also want to watch:
Chaves received a 12 month community order and has to do 120 hours unpaid work.
The court imposed a criminal behaviour on Thursday (November 22) barring him from Westfield Stratford City, the Broadway, The Mall, Stratford and West Ham parks for two years. He was banned from being in public with two or more people in Stratford.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 7 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases
Det Supt Zena Marshall said: “We will continue seeking these orders as part of our strategy to tackle crime.”