East Ham man banned from Stratford after being stopped in stolen car where police found a knife
- Credit: Archant
A man found in a stolen car with a knife has been banned from Stratford for two years.
Carlos Pinto Chaves of Wakefield Street, East Ham, fled after police stopped him in Portway, Plaistow, driving a stolen white Hyundai ix35 with fake number plates in March.
Officers caught him and found the knife in the vehicle.
Chaves, 29, pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods at Stratford Magistrates’ Court but police arrested him a second time when he failed to show for sentencing.
A charge of handling points and blades was dropped due to a lack of evidence.
You may also want to watch:
Chaves received a 12 month community order and has to do 120 hours unpaid work.
The court imposed a criminal behaviour on Thursday (November 22) barring him from Westfield Stratford City, the Broadway, The Mall, Stratford and West Ham parks for two years. He was banned from being in public with two or more people in Stratford.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
Det Supt Zena Marshall said: “We will continue seeking these orders as part of our strategy to tackle crime.”