Appeal to find £33,000 mobile home stolen in Silvertown
- Credit: Jane Goff
A married couple are appealing for the return of their £33,000 mobile home after it was stolen in broad daylight from outside their home.
Grandparents Jane and Jeff Goff, aged 50 and 48-years-old respectively, had their mobile home sitting outside their Silvertown home packed ready for a trip to Canterbury with their three grandchildren on Friday, August 3.
That evening, between 5.30pm and 7pm, it was stolen from outside their home in Bradfield Road by brazen thieves.
“Everything was in it and we were packed ready to go,” said Jane.
The entirety of their holiday packing disappeared along with the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The mobile home, which they had only bought in March this year, was regularly used by the couple to travel up and down the country with their family.
Jane added: “It was a gift from our parents because my husband had a heart attack last November so we could use it to take our grandchildren away.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 6 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 7 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 10 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
“We would use it throughout the school holidays to go here, there and every where and take the grandkids.”
The mobile home had already done trips to holiday destinations including Devon, Norfolk and Kent.
The police are investigating the theft but are yet to either make any arrests or recover the mobile home.
Jane had strong words for the thieves responsible for taking her family’s mobile home.
“I just think it is absolutely disgusting,” she said. “We are devastated.”
A post on social media about the stolen vehicle by the family has been shared thousands of times by people hoping to help the family locate the vehicle.
The mobile home, which the family knew as Delores, is an Autotrail Apache 700 SE which the family say is very distinctive looking.
If you see Jane and Jeff’s mobile home please contact the police on 101, quoting crime reference number 5324843/18.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “Police are investigating the theft of a white motor home from Bradfield Road.
“Local officers are investigating and enquiries continue. There have been no arrests.”