Car stolen while man pops to the loo in North Woolwich pub
Opportunistic thieves stole a car with a personalised number plate worth £10,000 while a man was visiting the toilet.
The 51-year-old victim, from Hertfordshire, parked his black Honda Legend at the back of the Royal Standard pub on Pier Road, North Woolwich on Tuesday March 19 from 7pm to 9.35pm.
After leaving his car locked and secure, he entered the pub. During the evening, he checked went to toilet with his jacket draped over the bar stool.
On his return, he searched his pockets to find thieves had stolen his car keys, house keys, cigarettes, and a pack of tissues.
His £15,000 car, bearing a distinctive number plate reading ‘ELKIE’, had been stolen and the victim estimates there are only 400 cars of that make in the country.
Anyone with information about the car’s whereabouts or the thieves is urged to contact the police on non-emergency number 101 quoting the reference 5307343/13 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 2 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 Defender Adam Thompson returning is a massive boost for Leyton Orient