Car stolen while man pops to the loo in North Woolwich pub
Opportunistic thieves stole a car with a personalised number plate worth £10,000 while a man was visiting the toilet.
The 51-year-old victim, from Hertfordshire, parked his black Honda Legend at the back of the Royal Standard pub on Pier Road, North Woolwich on Tuesday March 19 from 7pm to 9.35pm.
After leaving his car locked and secure, he entered the pub. During the evening, he checked went to toilet with his jacket draped over the bar stool.
On his return, he searched his pockets to find thieves had stolen his car keys, house keys, cigarettes, and a pack of tissues.
His £15,000 car, bearing a distinctive number plate reading ‘ELKIE’, had been stolen and the victim estimates there are only 400 cars of that make in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the car’s whereabouts or the thieves is urged to contact the police on non-emergency number 101 quoting the reference 5307343/13 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway