Car stolen while man pops to the loo in North Woolwich pub
Opportunistic thieves stole a car with a personalised number plate worth £10,000 while a man was visiting the toilet.
The 51-year-old victim, from Hertfordshire, parked his black Honda Legend at the back of the Royal Standard pub on Pier Road, North Woolwich on Tuesday March 19 from 7pm to 9.35pm.
After leaving his car locked and secure, he entered the pub. During the evening, he checked went to toilet with his jacket draped over the bar stool.
On his return, he searched his pockets to find thieves had stolen his car keys, house keys, cigarettes, and a pack of tissues.
His £15,000 car, bearing a distinctive number plate reading ‘ELKIE’, had been stolen and the victim estimates there are only 400 cars of that make in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the car’s whereabouts or the thieves is urged to contact the police on non-emergency number 101 quoting the reference 5307343/13 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR