Car stolen while man pops to the loo in North Woolwich pub
Opportunistic thieves stole a car with a personalised number plate worth £10,000 while a man was visiting the toilet.
The 51-year-old victim, from Hertfordshire, parked his black Honda Legend at the back of the Royal Standard pub on Pier Road, North Woolwich on Tuesday March 19 from 7pm to 9.35pm.
After leaving his car locked and secure, he entered the pub. During the evening, he checked went to toilet with his jacket draped over the bar stool.
On his return, he searched his pockets to find thieves had stolen his car keys, house keys, cigarettes, and a pack of tissues.
His £15,000 car, bearing a distinctive number plate reading ‘ELKIE’, had been stolen and the victim estimates there are only 400 cars of that make in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the car’s whereabouts or the thieves is urged to contact the police on non-emergency number 101 quoting the reference 5307343/13 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home