Canning Town station reopens after security alert
- Credit: Archant
A busy DLR station was evacuated after a security alert this evening.
Canning Town station was closed by British Transport Police but reopened shortly afterwards.
Transport for London tweeted shortly before 6pm: “The station is now closed and trains are non-stopping. This is while we respond to a security alert outside station.”
The incident comes in the wake of a terror attack outside Parliament this afternoon that has claimed four lives including a police officer.
It has been confirmed that the two are not related. Services are now running as usual from the station.
You may also want to watch:
A British Transport Police spokeswoman said: “There was an unattended vehicle outside the station. We attended and it was deemed non-suspicious.”
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 9 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 10 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts