Canning Town station reopens after security alert
- Credit: Archant
A busy DLR station was evacuated after a security alert this evening.
Canning Town station was closed by British Transport Police but reopened shortly afterwards.
Transport for London tweeted shortly before 6pm: “The station is now closed and trains are non-stopping. This is while we respond to a security alert outside station.”
The incident comes in the wake of a terror attack outside Parliament this afternoon that has claimed four lives including a police officer.
It has been confirmed that the two are not related. Services are now running as usual from the station.
You may also want to watch:
A British Transport Police spokeswoman said: “There was an unattended vehicle outside the station. We attended and it was deemed non-suspicious.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues