Canning Town station reopens after security alert
- Credit: Archant
A busy DLR station was evacuated after a security alert this evening.
Canning Town station was closed by British Transport Police but reopened shortly afterwards.
Transport for London tweeted shortly before 6pm: “The station is now closed and trains are non-stopping. This is while we respond to a security alert outside station.”
The incident comes in the wake of a terror attack outside Parliament this afternoon that has claimed four lives including a police officer.
It has been confirmed that the two are not related. Services are now running as usual from the station.
You may also want to watch:
A British Transport Police spokeswoman said: “There was an unattended vehicle outside the station. We attended and it was deemed non-suspicious.”
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing