Canning Town station reopens after security alert
- Credit: Archant
A busy DLR station was evacuated after a security alert this evening.
Canning Town station was closed by British Transport Police but reopened shortly afterwards.
Transport for London tweeted shortly before 6pm: “The station is now closed and trains are non-stopping. This is while we respond to a security alert outside station.”
The incident comes in the wake of a terror attack outside Parliament this afternoon that has claimed four lives including a police officer.
It has been confirmed that the two are not related. Services are now running as usual from the station.
You may also want to watch:
A British Transport Police spokeswoman said: “There was an unattended vehicle outside the station. We attended and it was deemed non-suspicious.”
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services