Canning Town stabbing: Murder victim named as 17-year-old Promise Nkenda
- Credit: Archant
A teenager stabbed to death in ‘a targeted attack’ in Canning Town yesterday has been named locally as Promise Nkenda.
The 17-year-old, who is said to be from North Woolwich, was stabbed repeatedly and found lying in the street shortly after 8pm in Goldwing Close.
Police pronounced him dead at the scene.
He had been walking with two friends when a four men in a vehicle chased the group down, said a neighbour who wished to remain anonymous.
“They jumped out and chased him and stabbed him up,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
His friends are believed to have escaped unharmed.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation into the incident with no arrests so far.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
Officers are trying to find out whether an abandoned vehicle found in Freemasons Road, near the junction with Victoria Dock Road, is linked to Promise’s murder.
Acting Det Insp Perry Benton, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “We are still piecing together what exactly has happened.
“But we believe the 17-year-old has lost his life following a sustained and possibly targeted attack.”
Witnesses or anyone with infiormation should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, dial 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 quoting ref 8884/14FEB.