Canning Town pervert jailed for ‘years of sexual abuse’
Family recorded confession on phone
A pervert who forced a teenage girl have an abortion after years of sexual abuse has been jailed for 10 years.
Junior Roserie, 31, from Canning Town, subjected the girl to years of torment when he was working shifts as a print manager at the Guardian newspaper.
Roserie told her to lie to carers about the identity of the father after she became pregnant with his child at the age of 15, before taking her to an abortion clinic, Inner London Crown Court heard.
Roserie warned the girl no one would believe her if she ever went to the police and threatened to have her deported.
You may also want to watch:
But he was caught after being confronted by members of the girl’s family, who secretly recorded his confession.
He later texted his victim saying: “Thinking back, I wish I stopped this from day one.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
The court heard the victim has self-harmed since the abuse between 2004 and 2006 and tried to commit suicide in November 2010.
Jailing Roserie Judge Usha Karu said she had no doubt that he groomed her to satisfy his warped sexual desires.
She did not have many friends and had a difficult relationship with her mother, the court heard.
The judge said: “She trusted you,” adding: “Her naivety must have been obvious when she asked you if she was still a virgin after sex, and you mislead her.”
“She is clearly severely traumatised as she attempted suicide.
Rupert Hallows, defending, said Roserie stopped the abuse after meeting his current fianc� in 2006.
Roserie, of Coolfin Road, admitted two counts of sexual activity with a child, but was convicted of a final charge last month.
He was made subject of a Sex Offenders Prevention order, preventing him from staying in the home, or being alone with a girl under the age of 16.