Canning Town man will be sentenced today for acid attack on two cousins in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A Canning Town man who intentionally threw acid in the faces of two cousins as they sat in a car in Beckton will be sentenced today.
John Tomlin, 25, of Colman Road, admitted charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm (GBH) on aspiring model Resham Khan and her cousin Jameel Mukhtar.
He also admitted two lesser charges of inflicting GBH
Both victims suffered scars on their faces and bodies after the assault in Tollgate Road on June 21- Resham’s 21st birthday.
Tomlin had argued with 37-year-old Jameel before he threw the corrosive substance through the open passenger window, hitting them both.
You may also want to watch:
Tomlin will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals