Canning Town man will be sentenced today for acid attack on two cousins in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A Canning Town man who intentionally threw acid in the faces of two cousins as they sat in a car in Beckton will be sentenced today.
John Tomlin, 25, of Colman Road, admitted charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm (GBH) on aspiring model Resham Khan and her cousin Jameel Mukhtar.
He also admitted two lesser charges of inflicting GBH
Both victims suffered scars on their faces and bodies after the assault in Tollgate Road on June 21- Resham’s 21st birthday.
Tomlin had argued with 37-year-old Jameel before he threw the corrosive substance through the open passenger window, hitting them both.
Tomlin will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home