Canning Town man will be sentenced today for acid attack on two cousins in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A Canning Town man who intentionally threw acid in the faces of two cousins as they sat in a car in Beckton will be sentenced today.
John Tomlin, 25, of Colman Road, admitted charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm (GBH) on aspiring model Resham Khan and her cousin Jameel Mukhtar.
He also admitted two lesser charges of inflicting GBH
Both victims suffered scars on their faces and bodies after the assault in Tollgate Road on June 21- Resham’s 21st birthday.
Tomlin had argued with 37-year-old Jameel before he threw the corrosive substance through the open passenger window, hitting them both.
You may also want to watch:
Tomlin will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London