Canning Town man will be sentenced today for acid attack on two cousins in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A Canning Town man who intentionally threw acid in the faces of two cousins as they sat in a car in Beckton will be sentenced today.
John Tomlin, 25, of Colman Road, admitted charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm (GBH) on aspiring model Resham Khan and her cousin Jameel Mukhtar.
He also admitted two lesser charges of inflicting GBH
Both victims suffered scars on their faces and bodies after the assault in Tollgate Road on June 21- Resham’s 21st birthday.
Tomlin had argued with 37-year-old Jameel before he threw the corrosive substance through the open passenger window, hitting them both.
You may also want to watch:
Tomlin will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy