Canning Town man John Tomlin admits acid attack on cousins in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A man has admitted intentionally flinging acid in the faces of two cousins, leaving them with horrific burns.
Aspiring model Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar required plastic surgery to treat scars on their necks and faces after the assault through a car window on Resham’s 21st birthday, June 21.
John Tomlin, of Colman Road, Canning Town, today admitted two counts of intending to cause grievous bodily harm (GBH) at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
The 25-year-old, who appeared in the dock with tattooed teardrops on his cheeks, previously pleaded guilty to two lesser charges of inflicting GBH last month.
The court heard how Tomlin had got into an argument with 37-year-old Jameel in Tollgate Road at 9.13am.
You may also want to watch:
When Jameel returned to his car, Tomlin approached and threw a corrosive substance through the open passenger window, hitting him and Resham.
Tomlin was remanded in custody for sentencing at Snaresbrook Cown Court on January 26.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation