Canning Town man John Tomlin admits acid attack on cousins in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A man has admitted intentionally flinging acid in the faces of two cousins, leaving them with horrific burns.
Aspiring model Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar required plastic surgery to treat scars on their necks and faces after the assault through a car window on Resham’s 21st birthday, June 21.
John Tomlin, of Colman Road, Canning Town, today admitted two counts of intending to cause grievous bodily harm (GBH) at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
The 25-year-old, who appeared in the dock with tattooed teardrops on his cheeks, previously pleaded guilty to two lesser charges of inflicting GBH last month.
The court heard how Tomlin had got into an argument with 37-year-old Jameel in Tollgate Road at 9.13am.
You may also want to watch:
When Jameel returned to his car, Tomlin approached and threw a corrosive substance through the open passenger window, hitting him and Resham.
Tomlin was remanded in custody for sentencing at Snaresbrook Cown Court on January 26.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims