Canning Town man jailed for six years for violent attack
- Credit: Essex Police
A Canning Town man has been jailed for his part in a “violent and unprovoked” attack.
Temitayo Akinola, 21, of Vincent Street, and 20-year-old Teni Lageda, of Hesper Road, Colchester, were each sentenced to six years for GBH with intent on Friday, August 28.
Chelmsford Crown Court heard during the trial that the pair were part of a group of around six men who punched a 21-year-old man to the floor before repeatedly kicking and stamping on his head and face.
The victim, from Clacton, had stepped in to prevent a woman from harassment when he was attacked in Queen Street, Colchester, in the early hours of December 21, 2014.
Det Con Yusseff Rahmani-Manesh said: “This was a violent and unprovoked attack on a victim who was trying to assist a young lady being harassed by a group of men during a busy Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
“The physical injuries were serious, and took some months for the victim to return to some sense of normality.
“The psychological effects on both the victim and his family have been more long term, but hopefully they will now be able to move forward.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0