Canning Town man jailed for six years for violent attack
- Credit: Essex Police
A Canning Town man has been jailed for his part in a “violent and unprovoked” attack.
Temitayo Akinola, 21, of Vincent Street, and 20-year-old Teni Lageda, of Hesper Road, Colchester, were each sentenced to six years for GBH with intent on Friday, August 28.
Chelmsford Crown Court heard during the trial that the pair were part of a group of around six men who punched a 21-year-old man to the floor before repeatedly kicking and stamping on his head and face.
The victim, from Clacton, had stepped in to prevent a woman from harassment when he was attacked in Queen Street, Colchester, in the early hours of December 21, 2014.
Det Con Yusseff Rahmani-Manesh said: “This was a violent and unprovoked attack on a victim who was trying to assist a young lady being harassed by a group of men during a busy Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
“The physical injuries were serious, and took some months for the victim to return to some sense of normality.
“The psychological effects on both the victim and his family have been more long term, but hopefully they will now be able to move forward.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast