Canning Town man jailed for cash robbery
A CANNING Town man has been jailed for his part in a cash-in-transit robbery.
Julian Bengura, 25, of Ivy Road, was part of a four-man gang who stole �18,500 from a security guard.
The men targeted the Loomis employee as he was taking cash from McDonald’s in Bryant Avenue, Romford, last August 27.
Their car was stopped on the A13 by Flying Squad officers later that day and the money recovered.
Bengura (pictured) and accomplices Thomas Warrick, 19, of Harlow, and Jamie Gregory, 23, of Dagenham, were jailed for six years after admitting conspiracy to rob at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth defendant, 29-year-old Ricky Russell, of Romford, was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved