Canning Town man jailed for cash robbery
A CANNING Town man has been jailed for his part in a cash-in-transit robbery.
Julian Bengura, 25, of Ivy Road, was part of a four-man gang who stole �18,500 from a security guard.
The men targeted the Loomis employee as he was taking cash from McDonald’s in Bryant Avenue, Romford, last August 27.
Their car was stopped on the A13 by Flying Squad officers later that day and the money recovered.
Bengura (pictured) and accomplices Thomas Warrick, 19, of Harlow, and Jamie Gregory, 23, of Dagenham, were jailed for six years after admitting conspiracy to rob at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth defendant, 29-year-old Ricky Russell, of Romford, was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber