Canning Town man jailed for cash robbery
A CANNING Town man has been jailed for his part in a cash-in-transit robbery.
Julian Bengura, 25, of Ivy Road, was part of a four-man gang who stole �18,500 from a security guard.
The men targeted the Loomis employee as he was taking cash from McDonald’s in Bryant Avenue, Romford, last August 27.
Their car was stopped on the A13 by Flying Squad officers later that day and the money recovered.
Bengura (pictured) and accomplices Thomas Warrick, 19, of Harlow, and Jamie Gregory, 23, of Dagenham, were jailed for six years after admitting conspiracy to rob at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth defendant, 29-year-old Ricky Russell, of Romford, was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money