Canning Town man jailed for cash robbery
A CANNING Town man has been jailed for his part in a cash-in-transit robbery.
Julian Bengura, 25, of Ivy Road, was part of a four-man gang who stole �18,500 from a security guard.
The men targeted the Loomis employee as he was taking cash from McDonald’s in Bryant Avenue, Romford, last August 27.
Their car was stopped on the A13 by Flying Squad officers later that day and the money recovered.
Bengura (pictured) and accomplices Thomas Warrick, 19, of Harlow, and Jamie Gregory, 23, of Dagenham, were jailed for six years after admitting conspiracy to rob at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth defendant, 29-year-old Ricky Russell, of Romford, was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking