Man in hospital after Canning Town ‘air gun’ attack
- Credit: Google
A suspected air gun injury in Canning Town has landed a man in hospital.
The 34-year-old victim was believed to have been shot in the eye when police were called to reports of a fight in Star Lane shortly before 10.30pm on Friday.
Attending paramedics from London Ambulance Service took him to an east London hospital. His injuries have been assessed as “life changing but not life threatening”, a spokeswoman for Scotland Yard said.
According to Met Police, the suspect made off from the scene before officers arrived.
Officers from Newham CID are investigating. No arrests have been made so far.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on their non-emergency number, 101, quoting reference CAD 8264/14Sep.
Alternatively, you can speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed
It is illegal to manufacture, sell, buy, transfer or acquire any air weapon that uses a self-contained gas cartridge system.