Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- Credit: Newham Police
Seven men have been arrested and charged after a large-scale cannabis factory was discovered by Newham police.
Officers found out about the factory after they were called to the scene of a fight in Forest Gate on May 20.
Newham MPS said officers arrived at around 4am that morning to find a number of men fighting with weapons in Bignold Road.
The men were detained and arrested on suspicion of burglary of a cannabis factory.
Two individuals were also arrested for possession of ammunitions; live ammunition and a knife were recovered by police during the incident.
All seven men have since been charged and remanded in custody.
They appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court the following day (May 21).
- 1 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 2 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 9 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 10 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
An update on those proceedings is awaited from the court.