Bus shooting of Manor Park teenager with BB gun prompts fresh appeal
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Detectives investigating the shooting of a teenager with a BB gun on board a bus are continuing to appeal for information to find the culprit.
Victor Cataraga, then 18, was sat at the front of a 25 bus as it travelled down Romford Road, Manor Park, towards Ilford, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He turned around and saw a few other people on the top deck, but nobody looked suspicious.
When he touched the back of his head, he felt a small metal ball in his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Mr Cataraga, who lives in Manor Park, was not seriously injured but required hospital treatment to remove the bullet, which officers believe was fired from a ball bearing, or BB, gun.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Teresa Moore, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was an awful assault on an unsuspecting victim. We are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the male in the image or anyone who witnessed the incident.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up