Bus shooting of Manor Park teenager with BB gun prompts fresh appeal
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Detectives investigating the shooting of a teenager with a BB gun on board a bus are continuing to appeal for information to find the culprit.
Victor Cataraga, then 18, was sat at the front of a 25 bus as it travelled down Romford Road, Manor Park, towards Ilford, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He turned around and saw a few other people on the top deck, but nobody looked suspicious.
When he touched the back of his head, he felt a small metal ball in his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Mr Cataraga, who lives in Manor Park, was not seriously injured but required hospital treatment to remove the bullet, which officers believe was fired from a ball bearing, or BB, gun.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Teresa Moore, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was an awful assault on an unsuspecting victim. We are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the male in the image or anyone who witnessed the incident.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection