Burglars leave Plaistow pensioner with head injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has suffered head injuries after being knocked to the floor in his house by two women intruders.
Police say the 71-year-old was expecting a visit from family so he opened the communal building security door at his home in Boundary Road, Plaistow on April 22.
When there was a knock at the door at 2.55pm, he found two women he did not know instead of his relatives who claimed they were visiting another resident.
One woman asked whether she could use the victim’s toilet but he refused. The women knocked again and repeated their request but, when entry was denied again, they forced their way into his home, knocking him backwards causing minor head injuries.
One woman then went into his lounge and took his Nokia mobile phone before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected thief is described as a fairer-skinned black woman of slim build and aged between 20 to 25-years-old wearing her hair in a pony tail.
Police urge any witnesses or anyone with information to call the Newham Burglary Squad on 020 7275 5085 quoting reference 5310275/13, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp