Burglars leave Plaistow pensioner with head injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has suffered head injuries after being knocked to the floor in his house by two women intruders.
Police say the 71-year-old was expecting a visit from family so he opened the communal building security door at his home in Boundary Road, Plaistow on April 22.
When there was a knock at the door at 2.55pm, he found two women he did not know instead of his relatives who claimed they were visiting another resident.
One woman asked whether she could use the victim’s toilet but he refused. The women knocked again and repeated their request but, when entry was denied again, they forced their way into his home, knocking him backwards causing minor head injuries.
One woman then went into his lounge and took his Nokia mobile phone before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected thief is described as a fairer-skinned black woman of slim build and aged between 20 to 25-years-old wearing her hair in a pony tail.
Police urge any witnesses or anyone with information to call the Newham Burglary Squad on 020 7275 5085 quoting reference 5310275/13, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 4 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0