Burglars leave Plaistow pensioner with head injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has suffered head injuries after being knocked to the floor in his house by two women intruders.
Police say the 71-year-old was expecting a visit from family so he opened the communal building security door at his home in Boundary Road, Plaistow on April 22.
When there was a knock at the door at 2.55pm, he found two women he did not know instead of his relatives who claimed they were visiting another resident.
One woman asked whether she could use the victim’s toilet but he refused. The women knocked again and repeated their request but, when entry was denied again, they forced their way into his home, knocking him backwards causing minor head injuries.
One woman then went into his lounge and took his Nokia mobile phone before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected thief is described as a fairer-skinned black woman of slim build and aged between 20 to 25-years-old wearing her hair in a pony tail.
Police urge any witnesses or anyone with information to call the Newham Burglary Squad on 020 7275 5085 quoting reference 5310275/13, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex