Burglars leave Plaistow pensioner with head injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has suffered head injuries after being knocked to the floor in his house by two women intruders.
Police say the 71-year-old was expecting a visit from family so he opened the communal building security door at his home in Boundary Road, Plaistow on April 22.
When there was a knock at the door at 2.55pm, he found two women he did not know instead of his relatives who claimed they were visiting another resident.
One woman asked whether she could use the victim’s toilet but he refused. The women knocked again and repeated their request but, when entry was denied again, they forced their way into his home, knocking him backwards causing minor head injuries.
One woman then went into his lounge and took his Nokia mobile phone before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected thief is described as a fairer-skinned black woman of slim build and aged between 20 to 25-years-old wearing her hair in a pony tail.
Police urge any witnesses or anyone with information to call the Newham Burglary Squad on 020 7275 5085 quoting reference 5310275/13, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection