Brothers sentenced to life for murder of Newham man
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers who stabbed a 33-year-old man to death after an altercation at a party were today jailed for life.
Ciprian Cozma, 25, and Daniel Cozma, 30, both of Selwyn Road, E13, were told they would serve a minimum of 25 years in jail following a trial at the Old Bailey.
Daniel Cozma, a construction worker, started an arguement with victim Edward Fustai during a party in Ham Park Road, Newham on August 4 last year.
The men went their separate ways but the Cozma brothers armed themselves with a large knife and hired a taxi to track down Fustei to an address in Folkstone Road, E6.
When they saw Fustei, the brothers fought him and stabbed him in the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to reports of a disturbance in Edwin Avenue, E6 at about 1.10am on August 5.
Fustei was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
Police used vital witness statements, CCTV and evidence found at the crime scene to link the Cozma brothers to the attack. They were arrested the day after the murder and charged soon after.
Detective Sergeant Steve Keogh, from the MPS Homicide & Serious Crime team, said: “Today’s life sentences reflect the brutality and premeditated nature of the attack which, by all accounts, followed a relatively minor altercation at a party.
“Both Ciprian and Daniel Cozma brutally set upon Fustei armed with a large knife leaving him for dead. I hope today’s sentencing goes some way to helping the family of Fustei move on from what has been a very traumatic time in their lives.”