Brothers sentenced to life for murder of Newham man
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers who stabbed a 33-year-old man to death after an altercation at a party were today jailed for life.
Ciprian Cozma, 25, and Daniel Cozma, 30, both of Selwyn Road, E13, were told they would serve a minimum of 25 years in jail following a trial at the Old Bailey.
Daniel Cozma, a construction worker, started an arguement with victim Edward Fustai during a party in Ham Park Road, Newham on August 4 last year.
The men went their separate ways but the Cozma brothers armed themselves with a large knife and hired a taxi to track down Fustei to an address in Folkstone Road, E6.
When they saw Fustei, the brothers fought him and stabbed him in the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to reports of a disturbance in Edwin Avenue, E6 at about 1.10am on August 5.
Fustei was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
Police used vital witness statements, CCTV and evidence found at the crime scene to link the Cozma brothers to the attack. They were arrested the day after the murder and charged soon after.
Detective Sergeant Steve Keogh, from the MPS Homicide & Serious Crime team, said: “Today’s life sentences reflect the brutality and premeditated nature of the attack which, by all accounts, followed a relatively minor altercation at a party.
“Both Ciprian and Daniel Cozma brutally set upon Fustei armed with a large knife leaving him for dead. I hope today’s sentencing goes some way to helping the family of Fustei move on from what has been a very traumatic time in their lives.”