Commuter punched and told ‘he deserved that’ at Canning Town station
- Credit: Archant
A commuter was punched before being told ‘you deserved that’ after he was accused of pushing a man at Canning Town station.
Police have today released the image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the rush hour assault.
The victim was attacked after he got on a packed Westbound train at the station at around 8.40am on April 9.
His attacker accused him of pushing him before punching him.
He is then claimed to have said ‘You deserved that’.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 and quote reference 1900029325 or text 61016.
Alternative you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking