Commuter punched and told ‘he deserved that’ at Canning Town station
- Credit: Archant
A commuter was punched before being told ‘you deserved that’ after he was accused of pushing a man at Canning Town station.
Police have today released the image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the rush hour assault.
The victim was attacked after he got on a packed Westbound train at the station at around 8.40am on April 9.
His attacker accused him of pushing him before punching him.
He is then claimed to have said ‘You deserved that’.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 and quote reference 1900029325 or text 61016.
Alternative you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 9 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home