Commuter punched and told ‘he deserved that’ at Canning Town station
- Credit: Archant
A commuter was punched before being told ‘you deserved that’ after he was accused of pushing a man at Canning Town station.
Police have today released the image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the rush hour assault.
The victim was attacked after he got on a packed Westbound train at the station at around 8.40am on April 9.
His attacker accused him of pushing him before punching him.
He is then claimed to have said ‘You deserved that’.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 and quote reference 1900029325 or text 61016.
Alternative you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term