Brick Lane attack: Man, 23, critically injured
A 23-year-old man is critically ill in hospital after being attacked in Brick Lane, east London.
The assault happened in the early hours of Saturday.
Afterwards the victim was found unconscious in Pitfield Street, Shoreditch.
He was taken to hospital with serious head injuries. His condition is described as critical.
A man who was seen leaving the area where the attack took place and heading south along Brick Lane is described as being black, of Somali appearance, and aged between 20 and 25 years old.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Tower Hamlets are appealing for witnesses.
Detective Sergeant Ian Harkes said: “This would appear to be an unprovoked and vicious attack on a young man who was out enjoying the friendly local atmosphere that Brick Lane normally offers.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.