Brick Lane attack: Man, 23, critically injured
A 23-year-old man is critically ill in hospital after being attacked in Brick Lane, east London.
The assault happened in the early hours of Saturday.
Afterwards the victim was found unconscious in Pitfield Street, Shoreditch.
He was taken to hospital with serious head injuries. His condition is described as critical.
A man who was seen leaving the area where the attack took place and heading south along Brick Lane is described as being black, of Somali appearance, and aged between 20 and 25 years old.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Tower Hamlets are appealing for witnesses.
Detective Sergeant Ian Harkes said: “This would appear to be an unprovoked and vicious attack on a young man who was out enjoying the friendly local atmosphere that Brick Lane normally offers.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.