Brick Lane attack: Man, 23, critically injured
A 23-year-old man is critically ill in hospital after being attacked in Brick Lane, east London.
The assault happened in the early hours of Saturday.
Afterwards the victim was found unconscious in Pitfield Street, Shoreditch.
He was taken to hospital with serious head injuries. His condition is described as critical.
A man who was seen leaving the area where the attack took place and heading south along Brick Lane is described as being black, of Somali appearance, and aged between 20 and 25 years old.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Tower Hamlets are appealing for witnesses.
Detective Sergeant Ian Harkes said: “This would appear to be an unprovoked and vicious attack on a young man who was out enjoying the friendly local atmosphere that Brick Lane normally offers.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.