Breaking News: Second teenager accused of Liam Woodards murder at Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre
Second murder charge over Westfield Stratford killing
A second person has been accused of the murder of Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre.
Riaz Anderson, 18, of Essex Close, Walthamstow, has been charged with the murder and also been charged with violent disorder.
He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates Court this morning.
Another teenager has already appeared in court accused of Mr Woodards murder.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old, from Hackney, appeared in custody at the Old Bailey yesterday.
He had been remanded in custody to the Central Criminal Court by Redbridge Magistrates two days earlier.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
He was remanded in custody again to re-appear at the Old Bailey on October 17 for a plea and directions hearing.
Another 17-year-old, from Plaistow, appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates Court last Wednesday accused of violent disorder at Westfield. He was remanded in custody to appear at Stratford Youth Court today Wednesday July 18.
Eleven men have also been accused of violent disorder in the incident in which Mr Woodards, of Grange Road, Plaistow, lost his life.
Nine were remanded in custody to various dates to three different courts and two were remanded on bail all until July 30.