Boy, three, injured after car crashes into bus stop in Plaistow
- Credit: Christian Barnes
Police are appealing for witnesses after a three-year-old boy received head injuries as a result of a car crash at a bus stop.
The child was waiting at the bus stop in Plaistow Grove, Newham, on April 25 when a green BMW smashed into it causing extensive damage to the bonnet. Paramedics took the boy to the hospital and he was later discharged.
The driver of the car, a 28-year-old man, was arrested and released on bail to a date later this month.
Det Con Lucie Fish said: ”The child at the bus stop suffered head injuries as a direct result of the collision.
“We would ask anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 at at crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London