Boy, three, injured after car crashes into bus stop in Plaistow
- Credit: Christian Barnes
Police are appealing for witnesses after a three-year-old boy received head injuries as a result of a car crash at a bus stop.
The child was waiting at the bus stop in Plaistow Grove, Newham, on April 25 when a green BMW smashed into it causing extensive damage to the bonnet. Paramedics took the boy to the hospital and he was later discharged.
The driver of the car, a 28-year-old man, was arrested and released on bail to a date later this month.
Det Con Lucie Fish said: ”The child at the bus stop suffered head injuries as a direct result of the collision.
“We would ask anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 at at crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel