Boy, three, injured after car crashes into bus stop in Plaistow
- Credit: Christian Barnes
Police are appealing for witnesses after a three-year-old boy received head injuries as a result of a car crash at a bus stop.
The child was waiting at the bus stop in Plaistow Grove, Newham, on April 25 when a green BMW smashed into it causing extensive damage to the bonnet. Paramedics took the boy to the hospital and he was later discharged.
The driver of the car, a 28-year-old man, was arrested and released on bail to a date later this month.
Det Con Lucie Fish said: ”The child at the bus stop suffered head injuries as a direct result of the collision.
“We would ask anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 at at crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash