Stratford stabbing: Police charge boy, 15, with murder of Baptista Adjei
- Credit: Met Police
A 15-year-old boy who handed himself in to police on Friday (October 11) has now been charged with the murder of Baptista Adjei.
He was charged with murder, grievous bodily harm with intent against another 15-year-old victim and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon on Saturday (October 12).
He is due to appear at Stratford Youth Court today (October 14) and cannot be named for legal reasons.
Baptista Adjei, 15, was pronounced dead at the scene in Stratford Broadway on Thursday, October 10.
Tributes have been paid to the teenager by his football club and school.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher at St Bonaventure's Secondary, where Baptista was studying for his GCSEs, described the pupil as "an extremely popular, friendly and talented student in Year 11."
He added: "The whole school is completely devastated by this tragic news."
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved