Stratford stabbing: Police charge boy, 15, with murder of Baptista Adjei
- Credit: Met Police
A 15-year-old boy who handed himself in to police on Friday (October 11) has now been charged with the murder of Baptista Adjei.
He was charged with murder, grievous bodily harm with intent against another 15-year-old victim and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon on Saturday (October 12).
He is due to appear at Stratford Youth Court today (October 14) and cannot be named for legal reasons.
Baptista Adjei, 15, was pronounced dead at the scene in Stratford Broadway on Thursday, October 10.
Tributes have been paid to the teenager by his football club and school.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher at St Bonaventure's Secondary, where Baptista was studying for his GCSEs, described the pupil as "an extremely popular, friendly and talented student in Year 11."
He added: "The whole school is completely devastated by this tragic news."
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term