Stratford stabbing: Police charge boy, 15, with murder of Baptista Adjei
- Credit: Met Police
A 15-year-old boy who handed himself in to police on Friday (October 11) has now been charged with the murder of Baptista Adjei.
He was charged with murder, grievous bodily harm with intent against another 15-year-old victim and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon on Saturday (October 12).
He is due to appear at Stratford Youth Court today (October 14) and cannot be named for legal reasons.
Baptista Adjei, 15, was pronounced dead at the scene in Stratford Broadway on Thursday, October 10.
Tributes have been paid to the teenager by his football club and school.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher at St Bonaventure's Secondary, where Baptista was studying for his GCSEs, described the pupil as "an extremely popular, friendly and talented student in Year 11."
He added: "The whole school is completely devastated by this tragic news."
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection