Boy, 15, arrested by detectives investigating Canning Town stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been arrested by detectives investigating an attempted murder.
A 15-year-old boy handed himself in to an east London police station earlier today.
He was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody.
Officers were called at about 7.40am last Friday to reports of a stabbing in Barking Road, Canning Town, near the turning with Ordnance Road.
Police and paramedics found a 28-year-old man suffering from stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: "He was taken to an east London hospital, where he remains in a life-threatening condition. His next-of-kin are aware."
Detectives released images of two suspects they were keen to speak to yesterday (July 14).
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 West Ham assistant manager Alan Irvine backs Said Benrahma to end goal drought
The Met spokesman added: "Enquiries are continuing."
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers on 101 and quote CAD1694/12Jul, or Tweet @MetCC.
Information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.