Boy, 15, arrested by detectives investigating Canning Town stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been arrested by detectives investigating an attempted murder.
A 15-year-old boy handed himself in to an east London police station earlier today.
He was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody.
Officers were called at about 7.40am last Friday to reports of a stabbing in Barking Road, Canning Town, near the turning with Ordnance Road.
Police and paramedics found a 28-year-old man suffering from stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: "He was taken to an east London hospital, where he remains in a life-threatening condition. His next-of-kin are aware."
Detectives released images of two suspects they were keen to speak to yesterday (July 14).
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
The Met spokesman added: "Enquiries are continuing."
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers on 101 and quote CAD1694/12Jul, or Tweet @MetCC.
Information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.