Boy, 15, arrested by detectives investigating Canning Town stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been arrested by detectives investigating an attempted murder.
A 15-year-old boy handed himself in to an east London police station earlier today.
He was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody.
Officers were called at about 7.40am last Friday to reports of a stabbing in Barking Road, Canning Town, near the turning with Ordnance Road.
Police and paramedics found a 28-year-old man suffering from stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: "He was taken to an east London hospital, where he remains in a life-threatening condition. His next-of-kin are aware."
Detectives released images of two suspects they were keen to speak to yesterday (July 14).
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
The Met spokesman added: "Enquiries are continuing."
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers on 101 and quote CAD1694/12Jul, or Tweet @MetCC.
Information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.