Teenage boy, 17, stabbed in Maryland
- Credit: Archant
A boy was left in a critical condition after he was stabbed in Maryland yesterday afternoon.
Police were called just after 4.30pm yesterday afternoon to Leytonstone Road to reports of someone being stabbed.
The victim, who police believe to be 17-years-old, was rushed to hospital.
His condition was critical when he first arrived to hospital but his injuries are now deemed to not be life threatening.
The victim’s family have been made aware and detectives from Newham CID are investigating, although no arrests have been made at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
A Section 60 order was introduced until 9am the following morning across Newham following the stabbing.
The order gives police greater powers in the wake of a serious incident to help reduce the risk of further violence occurring.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
This allows police to stop and search anyone without reasonable grounds for suspecting a person may be carrying weapons or dangerous objects.