Boy, 17, chased and slashed with sword in West Ham as he walked home from college
- Credit: Met Police
A teenage boy was slashed with a sword as he walked home from college by a hoodie-wearing gang in West Ham.
The 17-year-old victim was with friends when his attackers ran towards them, one of whom waved the weapon, police said.
While his friends managed to escape, the boy was chased into Birch Close, where he slipped and fell over.
The group then surrounded him and hacked his arm as he tried to defend himself.
He was taken to hospital and needed several stitches before being discharged.
You may also want to watch:
All four attackers were seen to board a train at Star Lane DLR.
Today police released CCTV stills of four males wanted in connection to the attack, which took place just before 6pm on Tuesday, April 17.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
“This is a nasty unprovoked attack on a teenager who was walking home from college,” said Det Con Georgina Hebron, from Newham Borough.
One of the suspects is described as an Asian man wearing a black hat, blue padded jacket over a green hoodie, green tracksuit bottoms and black shoes.
The second, a black teenager, wore a black jacket with ‘Crosshatch’ written down the left arm, black trousers and black shoes.
A third, a white man with a short brown beard, wore a green hooded jacket over a dark blue hoodie, blue jeans and white trainers.
The fourth, a black man with a beard, was wearing a dark blue jacket over a grey hoodie, dark blue trousers and white trainers.
Detectives ask anyone with information detectives to call Newham CID on 101 quoting reference CAD 6371/17Apr18 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.