Boy, 17, chased and slashed with sword in West Ham as he walked home from college
- Credit: Met Police
A teenage boy was slashed with a sword as he walked home from college by a hoodie-wearing gang in West Ham.
The 17-year-old victim was with friends when his attackers ran towards them, one of whom waved the weapon, police said.
While his friends managed to escape, the boy was chased into Birch Close, where he slipped and fell over.
The group then surrounded him and hacked his arm as he tried to defend himself.
He was taken to hospital and needed several stitches before being discharged.
All four attackers were seen to board a train at Star Lane DLR.
Today police released CCTV stills of four males wanted in connection to the attack, which took place just before 6pm on Tuesday, April 17.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 4 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 5 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
“This is a nasty unprovoked attack on a teenager who was walking home from college,” said Det Con Georgina Hebron, from Newham Borough.
One of the suspects is described as an Asian man wearing a black hat, blue padded jacket over a green hoodie, green tracksuit bottoms and black shoes.
The second, a black teenager, wore a black jacket with ‘Crosshatch’ written down the left arm, black trousers and black shoes.
A third, a white man with a short brown beard, wore a green hooded jacket over a dark blue hoodie, blue jeans and white trainers.
The fourth, a black man with a beard, was wearing a dark blue jacket over a grey hoodie, dark blue trousers and white trainers.
Detectives ask anyone with information detectives to call Newham CID on 101 quoting reference CAD 6371/17Apr18 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.