Boy, 16, killed in east London days before his GCSE results, court told
- Credit: Archant
A schoolboy aspiring to be a doctor was stabbed to death trying to protect his best friend from a masked gang, a court heard today.
Ajmol Alom, 16, collapsed yards from his home in east London after being attacked with knives and a machete-like blade.
He was hoping to study medicine at university—but died just days before receiving eight As and three Bs in his GCSE results.
A man from Stratford is one of four accused of Ajmol’s murder. Mashadur Rahman, 22, from Victoria Street, Stratford, denies murder, attempted murder and wounding with intent, along with three men from Poplar, Muhammod Malik, 22, Ali Choudhury, 20, and Aminur Khan, 19.
Ajmol’s mother rushed from their home and watched helplessly as he lay dying in the street in Poplar.
You may also want to watch:
He had been playing football with friends when four men approached wearing hoodies and bandanas, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
“The friends were making their way home and none had a care in the world,” said prosecutor Mark Dennis.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
“All that was about to change by sudden and gratuitous violence which left one with a knife wound and another dying. “They had done nothing to provoke such aggression.
“The four men appeared hooded and each tried to mask their face with a bandana.”
Ajmol intervened when his friend was attacked, but was stabbed himself.
Paramedics tried to save him—but he died hours later in hospital.
“The four attackers ran away as a team,” the prosecutor added. “At least three knives were seen, one a machete-like blade.”
The trial continues.