Boy, 16, charged with the murder of man stabbed to death in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of a man who was stabbed to death in a park in East Ham.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of knifing the 20-year-old in Plashet Park on Sunday just after 4pm.
He will appear before Barkingside Youth Court on Wednesday.
Police have yet to name the victim.
Detectives are appealing for onlookers who may have witnessed the killing to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Jamie Piscopo, investigating officer, said: “We have now charged one person in relation to this murder but there are still outstanding suspects and other lines of enquiry we are pursuing.
“This was a violent attack on a young man which happened in the middle of the afternoon in a busy park, and I would ask anyone who saw the incident to come forward and speak to us.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
Anyone with has information should call the investigating team on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.