Boy, 16, charged with the murder of man stabbed to death in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of a man who was stabbed to death in a park in East Ham.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of knifing the 20-year-old in Plashet Park on Sunday just after 4pm.
He will appear before Barkingside Youth Court on Wednesday.
Police have yet to name the victim.
Detectives are appealing for onlookers who may have witnessed the killing to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Jamie Piscopo, investigating officer, said: “We have now charged one person in relation to this murder but there are still outstanding suspects and other lines of enquiry we are pursuing.
“This was a violent attack on a young man which happened in the middle of the afternoon in a busy park, and I would ask anyone who saw the incident to come forward and speak to us.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
Anyone with has information should call the investigating team on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.