Boy, 16, charged with the murder of man stabbed to death in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of a man who was stabbed to death in a park in East Ham.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of knifing the 20-year-old in Plashet Park on Sunday just after 4pm.
He will appear before Barkingside Youth Court on Wednesday.
Police have yet to name the victim.
Detectives are appealing for onlookers who may have witnessed the killing to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Jamie Piscopo, investigating officer, said: “We have now charged one person in relation to this murder but there are still outstanding suspects and other lines of enquiry we are pursuing.
“This was a violent attack on a young man which happened in the middle of the afternoon in a busy park, and I would ask anyone who saw the incident to come forward and speak to us.”
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
Anyone with has information should call the investigating team on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.