Boy, 16, becomes fifth person to be arrested in connection with Forest Gate shootout
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested following an alleged shootout in Forest Gate last week.
Last night a 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The boy was also allegedly found in possession of a knife and he remains in custody at an east London police station.
Gun shots were allegedly fired at police officers from a BMW before police returned fire in Lascelles Close on Thursday, July 26 just before midnight.
There were no reported injuries following the exchange.
You may also want to watch:
Four men have already been charged in connections with the incident and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on August 27.
Nathaniel Lewis, 22, of Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, Willis Road, Plaistow, and Troy Ifill, 21, of Torrens Square, Stratford, and Lekan Akinsoji, 20, of no fixed address, have each been charged with three counts of attempted murder, possession of a shotgun, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of an axe and a “zombie knife”.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station