Boy, 16, becomes fifth person to be arrested in connection with Forest Gate shootout
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested following an alleged shootout in Forest Gate last week.
Last night a 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The boy was also allegedly found in possession of a knife and he remains in custody at an east London police station.
Gun shots were allegedly fired at police officers from a BMW before police returned fire in Lascelles Close on Thursday, July 26 just before midnight.
There were no reported injuries following the exchange.
You may also want to watch:
Four men have already been charged in connections with the incident and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on August 27.
Nathaniel Lewis, 22, of Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, Willis Road, Plaistow, and Troy Ifill, 21, of Torrens Square, Stratford, and Lekan Akinsoji, 20, of no fixed address, have each been charged with three counts of attempted murder, possession of a shotgun, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of an axe and a “zombie knife”.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners