Boy, 16, bailed after Forest Gate shootout
- Credit: Archant
A teenager arrested following a shootout involving armed officers in Forest Gate has been bailed.
The 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested yesterday (Monday) on suspicion of attempted murder and possessing an offensive weapon.
He was taken to an east London police station and bailed pending further investigation to a date “in late August”, Scotland Yard said.
Last week four men appeared in court in connection to the gun battle on Thursday, which saw shots exchanged as police chased a BWM from Leytonstone to Bective Road, Forest Gate.
Nathaniel Lewis, 22, of Earlham Grove, Forest Gate; Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, of Willis Road, Plaistow; Troy Ifill, 21, of Torrens Square, Stratford, and 20-year-old Lekan Akinsoji, of no fixed address, face charges including three counts of attempted murder and possessing weapons including a shotgun, an axe and a “zombie knife”.
You may also want to watch:
The four were remanded in custody to next appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, August 27.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving