Boy, 16, bailed after Forest Gate shootout
- Credit: Archant
A teenager arrested following a shootout involving armed officers in Forest Gate has been bailed.
The 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested yesterday (Monday) on suspicion of attempted murder and possessing an offensive weapon.
He was taken to an east London police station and bailed pending further investigation to a date “in late August”, Scotland Yard said.
Last week four men appeared in court in connection to the gun battle on Thursday, which saw shots exchanged as police chased a BWM from Leytonstone to Bective Road, Forest Gate.
Nathaniel Lewis, 22, of Earlham Grove, Forest Gate; Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, of Willis Road, Plaistow; Troy Ifill, 21, of Torrens Square, Stratford, and 20-year-old Lekan Akinsoji, of no fixed address, face charges including three counts of attempted murder and possessing weapons including a shotgun, an axe and a “zombie knife”.
You may also want to watch:
The four were remanded in custody to next appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, August 27.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines