Boy, 15, arrested after teenager stabbed in Stratford
A teenager is recovering in hospital after he was stabbed by a gang of youths in Stratford yesterday.
The 16-year-old was walking along Gurney Road with three friends at around 5.40pm when they were approached by three or four people on push bikes.
After a short confrontation, the victim was stabbed in the body. The three assailants then rode off down Gurney Road,
The teenager was subsequently taken by ambulance to an east London hospital where his condition is described as stable.
Two black youths and one Asian youth are currently being sought by Newham police.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Det Sgt Terry Crook, said: “This was a particularly savage attack carried out by a group of young males on the street in clear view of members of the public.”
Anyone with information should contact 020 7275 5720 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm - he remains in custody at an east London police station.