Bow rapper Wiley charged with assault and burglary
- Credit: PA Wire
Bow rapper Wiley has been charged with assault and burglary after an alleged incident at the Forest Gate home of a former kickboxer.
The performer is accused of breaking into the flat on Romford Road on August 28, smashing plates and assaulting Ali Jacko.
Wiley - real name Richard Kylea Cowie Jr - is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on September 13 charged with assault by beating and burglary with intent to cause criminal damage.
The 42-year-old had been using Mr Jacko’s recording studio before the pandemic.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “At around 10pm on Saturday, August 28, police were called to a flat in Romford Road, Forest Gate.
“It was alleged that a man had entered the flat, assaulted the occupant and caused criminal damage to property. The man was arrested and taken into custody.
“The occupant, an adult male, sustained a minor injury. London Ambulance Service were not required.”
- 1 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 Defender Adam Thompson returning is a massive boost for Leyton Orient