Borough Commander of Newham police wants to hear about your crime issues
Happy New Year to you all!
Memorable as 2012 was for us all in Newham, we are now looking forward and making plans to meet the challenges that the new year has in store for us. One of the things I am determined to do this year is to show you what your police do on your behalf every day in Newham, and in the next few months I will be asking some of my senior officers to talk about some of the areas in their responsibility in the Recorder:
DCI Dave Rock, who recently joined us from Operation Trident Gun and Gang Command, will explain some of the work we are doing in Newham to tackle drugs and gangs;
Superintendent Craig Haslam will provide an insight into the role of Match Commander policing football matches;
Inspector Phil Stinger will explain how we work with the Enforcement Officers to stop anti social behaviour;
You may also want to watch:
and Chief Inspector Dave Brewster will tell you what it is like patrolling on emergency response teams.
And we would like to hear from you: What do you want to find out more about from your police?
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Where and when do you want to see us more on patrol?
We will be meeting the Recorder team regularly to talk about the crime issues that really matter to residents - please let them know what questions you want responses to - we will do our best to answer them.