Borough Commander of Newham police wants to hear about your crime issues
Happy New Year to you all!
Memorable as 2012 was for us all in Newham, we are now looking forward and making plans to meet the challenges that the new year has in store for us. One of the things I am determined to do this year is to show you what your police do on your behalf every day in Newham, and in the next few months I will be asking some of my senior officers to talk about some of the areas in their responsibility in the Recorder:
DCI Dave Rock, who recently joined us from Operation Trident Gun and Gang Command, will explain some of the work we are doing in Newham to tackle drugs and gangs;
Superintendent Craig Haslam will provide an insight into the role of Match Commander policing football matches;
Inspector Phil Stinger will explain how we work with the Enforcement Officers to stop anti social behaviour;
You may also want to watch:
and Chief Inspector Dave Brewster will tell you what it is like patrolling on emergency response teams.
And we would like to hear from you: What do you want to find out more about from your police?
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
Where and when do you want to see us more on patrol?
We will be meeting the Recorder team regularly to talk about the crime issues that really matter to residents - please let them know what questions you want responses to - we will do our best to answer them.