Borough Commander of Newham police wants to hear about your crime issues
Happy New Year to you all!
Memorable as 2012 was for us all in Newham, we are now looking forward and making plans to meet the challenges that the new year has in store for us. One of the things I am determined to do this year is to show you what your police do on your behalf every day in Newham, and in the next few months I will be asking some of my senior officers to talk about some of the areas in their responsibility in the Recorder:
DCI Dave Rock, who recently joined us from Operation Trident Gun and Gang Command, will explain some of the work we are doing in Newham to tackle drugs and gangs;
Superintendent Craig Haslam will provide an insight into the role of Match Commander policing football matches;
Inspector Phil Stinger will explain how we work with the Enforcement Officers to stop anti social behaviour;
You may also want to watch:
and Chief Inspector Dave Brewster will tell you what it is like patrolling on emergency response teams.
And we would like to hear from you: What do you want to find out more about from your police?
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
Where and when do you want to see us more on patrol?
We will be meeting the Recorder team regularly to talk about the crime issues that really matter to residents - please let them know what questions you want responses to - we will do our best to answer them.