‘Blood curdling’ screams heard as man gunned down in drive-by shooting in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A man in a critical condition after being shot in North Woolwich last night was the victim of a drive-by a shooting, it has been revealed.
Police have revealed this afternoon the gunman was in a car which sped off after firing shots in Woodman Street at around 10.20pm.
A neighbour, who has asked to be anonymous, told the Recorder he heard the sound of gun shots followed by ‘blood curdling’ screams.
The 25-year-old victim was found suffering from facial injuries and a gunshot wound to the torso and was rushed to hospital where his condition is critical but stable.
The incident took place close to where Karim Samms was killed just months ago in a double shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old died after being shot in Roebourne Way in April and minutes later, a 21-year-old was shot in nearby Claremont Close. He survived.
A police spokeswoman said detectives are not connecting yesterday’s shootings with the murder of Karim.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Any witnesses to yesterday’s shooting can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.