‘Blood curdling’ screams heard as man gunned down in drive-by shooting in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A man in a critical condition after being shot in North Woolwich last night was the victim of a drive-by a shooting, it has been revealed.
Police have revealed this afternoon the gunman was in a car which sped off after firing shots in Woodman Street at around 10.20pm.
A neighbour, who has asked to be anonymous, told the Recorder he heard the sound of gun shots followed by ‘blood curdling’ screams.
The 25-year-old victim was found suffering from facial injuries and a gunshot wound to the torso and was rushed to hospital where his condition is critical but stable.
The incident took place close to where Karim Samms was killed just months ago in a double shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old died after being shot in Roebourne Way in April and minutes later, a 21-year-old was shot in nearby Claremont Close. He survived.
A police spokeswoman said detectives are not connecting yesterday’s shootings with the murder of Karim.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 8 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
Any witnesses to yesterday’s shooting can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.