‘Blood curdling’ screams heard as man gunned down in drive-by shooting in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A man in a critical condition after being shot in North Woolwich last night was the victim of a drive-by a shooting, it has been revealed.
Police have revealed this afternoon the gunman was in a car which sped off after firing shots in Woodman Street at around 10.20pm.
A neighbour, who has asked to be anonymous, told the Recorder he heard the sound of gun shots followed by ‘blood curdling’ screams.
The 25-year-old victim was found suffering from facial injuries and a gunshot wound to the torso and was rushed to hospital where his condition is critical but stable.
The incident took place close to where Karim Samms was killed just months ago in a double shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old died after being shot in Roebourne Way in April and minutes later, a 21-year-old was shot in nearby Claremont Close. He survived.
A police spokeswoman said detectives are not connecting yesterday’s shootings with the murder of Karim.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
Any witnesses to yesterday’s shooting can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.