‘Blood curdling’ screams heard as man gunned down in drive-by shooting in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A man in a critical condition after being shot in North Woolwich last night was the victim of a drive-by a shooting, it has been revealed.
Police have revealed this afternoon the gunman was in a car which sped off after firing shots in Woodman Street at around 10.20pm.
A neighbour, who has asked to be anonymous, told the Recorder he heard the sound of gun shots followed by ‘blood curdling’ screams.
The 25-year-old victim was found suffering from facial injuries and a gunshot wound to the torso and was rushed to hospital where his condition is critical but stable.
The incident took place close to where Karim Samms was killed just months ago in a double shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old died after being shot in Roebourne Way in April and minutes later, a 21-year-old was shot in nearby Claremont Close. He survived.
A police spokeswoman said detectives are not connecting yesterday’s shootings with the murder of Karim.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
Any witnesses to yesterday’s shooting can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.