‘Blood curdling’ screams heard as man gunned down in drive-by shooting in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A man in a critical condition after being shot in North Woolwich last night was the victim of a drive-by a shooting, it has been revealed.
Police have revealed this afternoon the gunman was in a car which sped off after firing shots in Woodman Street at around 10.20pm.
A neighbour, who has asked to be anonymous, told the Recorder he heard the sound of gun shots followed by ‘blood curdling’ screams.
The 25-year-old victim was found suffering from facial injuries and a gunshot wound to the torso and was rushed to hospital where his condition is critical but stable.
The incident took place close to where Karim Samms was killed just months ago in a double shooting.
The 17-year-old died after being shot in Roebourne Way in April and minutes later, a 21-year-old was shot in nearby Claremont Close. He survived.
A police spokeswoman said detectives are not connecting yesterday’s shootings with the murder of Karim.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 4 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 5 'Immensely gratifying': Newham college celebrates upping Ofsted grade
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
Any witnesses to yesterday’s shooting can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.