Beckton man charged after fight death
TWO men - one from Beckton - stand remanded in custody following the death of a man in Clacton on New Year’s Day.
Oliver Smith-Daye, 29, died after suffering head injuries during what was believed to be a fight at about 4.30am on January 1 after New Year’s celebrations.
Alan Dider, 42, of Renfrew Close, has also been charged with affray.
Charlie Jacobs, 21, of Clacton, is accused of attempted grievous bodily harm and affray.
They appear at Colchester Magistrates Court on Thursday (5/1).
You may also want to watch:
Both from Clacton, a 21 year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder and a 42 year-old woman arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, have both been bailed until April 3 while police continue enquiries.
Oli Daye was reportedly attacked in a car park on an estate in the Rush Green area of Clacton on the early hours of New Year’s Day. He suffered fatal head injuries and died later that night in hospital.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 4 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 10 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house