Beckton man charged after fight death
TWO men - one from Beckton - stand remanded in custody following the death of a man in Clacton on New Year’s Day.
Oliver Smith-Daye, 29, died after suffering head injuries during what was believed to be a fight at about 4.30am on January 1 after New Year’s celebrations.
Alan Dider, 42, of Renfrew Close, has also been charged with affray.
Charlie Jacobs, 21, of Clacton, is accused of attempted grievous bodily harm and affray.
They appear at Colchester Magistrates Court on Thursday (5/1).
You may also want to watch:
Both from Clacton, a 21 year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder and a 42 year-old woman arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, have both been bailed until April 3 while police continue enquiries.
Oli Daye was reportedly attacked in a car park on an estate in the Rush Green area of Clacton on the early hours of New Year’s Day. He suffered fatal head injuries and died later that night in hospital.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham