Beckton man charged after fight death
TWO men - one from Beckton - stand remanded in custody following the death of a man in Clacton on New Year’s Day.
Oliver Smith-Daye, 29, died after suffering head injuries during what was believed to be a fight at about 4.30am on January 1 after New Year’s celebrations.
Alan Dider, 42, of Renfrew Close, has also been charged with affray.
Charlie Jacobs, 21, of Clacton, is accused of attempted grievous bodily harm and affray.
They appear at Colchester Magistrates Court on Thursday (5/1).
You may also want to watch:
Both from Clacton, a 21 year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder and a 42 year-old woman arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, have both been bailed until April 3 while police continue enquiries.
Oli Daye was reportedly attacked in a car park on an estate in the Rush Green area of Clacton on the early hours of New Year’s Day. He suffered fatal head injuries and died later that night in hospital.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses