Beckton acid attack: John Tomlin in court
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man accused of leaving two cousins with life-changing injuries in an unprovoked acid attack has appeared in court.
John Tomlin of Colman Road, Canning Town, is charged with two counts of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
He appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court this morning but did not enter a plea.
Judge Sheelagh Canavan remanded him in custody ahead of his next hearing on October 6.
Mr Tomlin is accused of throwing acid through the car window of cousins Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar at a set of traffic lights in Tollgate Road, Beckton, at 9.13am on Wednesday, June 21.
You may also want to watch:
Aspiring model Ms Khan, who was celebrating her 21st birthday at the time, recently posted pictures online documenting her remarkable recovery after she suffered horrific burns to her face and neck.
Mr Tomlin is expected to stand trial on November 27. His next court appearance will be a plea and trial preparation hearing.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks