Beckton acid attack: John Tomlin in court
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man accused of leaving two cousins with life-changing injuries in an unprovoked acid attack has appeared in court.
John Tomlin of Colman Road, Canning Town, is charged with two counts of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
He appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court this morning but did not enter a plea.
Judge Sheelagh Canavan remanded him in custody ahead of his next hearing on October 6.
Mr Tomlin is accused of throwing acid through the car window of cousins Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar at a set of traffic lights in Tollgate Road, Beckton, at 9.13am on Wednesday, June 21.
You may also want to watch:
Aspiring model Ms Khan, who was celebrating her 21st birthday at the time, recently posted pictures online documenting her remarkable recovery after she suffered horrific burns to her face and neck.
Mr Tomlin is expected to stand trial on November 27. His next court appearance will be a plea and trial preparation hearing.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 5 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 6 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 7 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 8 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick