Beckton acid attack: John Tomlin in court
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man accused of leaving two cousins with life-changing injuries in an unprovoked acid attack has appeared in court.
John Tomlin of Colman Road, Canning Town, is charged with two counts of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
He appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court this morning but did not enter a plea.
Judge Sheelagh Canavan remanded him in custody ahead of his next hearing on October 6.
Mr Tomlin is accused of throwing acid through the car window of cousins Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar at a set of traffic lights in Tollgate Road, Beckton, at 9.13am on Wednesday, June 21.
You may also want to watch:
Aspiring model Ms Khan, who was celebrating her 21st birthday at the time, recently posted pictures online documenting her remarkable recovery after she suffered horrific burns to her face and neck.
Mr Tomlin is expected to stand trial on November 27. His next court appearance will be a plea and trial preparation hearing.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses