Stratford stabbing: £10k raised for funeral of Baptista Adjei
- Credit: Met Police
More than £10,000 has been raised in memory of a 15-year-old stabbed to death in Stratford.
Baptista Adjei was pronounced dead at the scene in the Broadway on Thursday, October 10.
And now a fundraising page set up to "give him the best send off possible" has seen well-wishers donate more than £10,000 towards the North Woolwich teenager's funeral.
That figure - raised in just two days - is more than triple the page's original target of £3,000.
St Bonaventure's pupil Baptista was described as an extremely popular, friendly and talented student" by headteacher Christopher McCormack, who added: "The whole school is completely devastated. He will be missed by everyone who knew him."
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old boy was set to appear at Stratford Magistrates' Court today (Monday, October 14) charged with murder and GBH with intent.
To make a donation on the fundraising page, visit gofundme.com/f/baptistas-world-forever
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show