Stratford stabbing: £10k raised for funeral of Baptista Adjei
- Credit: Met Police
More than £10,000 has been raised in memory of a 15-year-old stabbed to death in Stratford.
Baptista Adjei was pronounced dead at the scene in the Broadway on Thursday, October 10.
And now a fundraising page set up to "give him the best send off possible" has seen well-wishers donate more than £10,000 towards the North Woolwich teenager's funeral.
That figure - raised in just two days - is more than triple the page's original target of £3,000.
St Bonaventure's pupil Baptista was described as an extremely popular, friendly and talented student" by headteacher Christopher McCormack, who added: "The whole school is completely devastated. He will be missed by everyone who knew him."
A 15-year-old boy was set to appear at Stratford Magistrates' Court today (Monday, October 14) charged with murder and GBH with intent.
To make a donation on the fundraising page, visit gofundme.com/f/baptistas-world-forever
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London