Stratford stabbing: £10k raised for funeral of Baptista Adjei
- Credit: Met Police
More than £10,000 has been raised in memory of a 15-year-old stabbed to death in Stratford.
Baptista Adjei was pronounced dead at the scene in the Broadway on Thursday, October 10.
And now a fundraising page set up to "give him the best send off possible" has seen well-wishers donate more than £10,000 towards the North Woolwich teenager's funeral.
That figure - raised in just two days - is more than triple the page's original target of £3,000.
St Bonaventure's pupil Baptista was described as an extremely popular, friendly and talented student" by headteacher Christopher McCormack, who added: "The whole school is completely devastated. He will be missed by everyone who knew him."
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old boy was set to appear at Stratford Magistrates' Court today (Monday, October 14) charged with murder and GBH with intent.
To make a donation on the fundraising page, visit gofundme.com/f/baptistas-world-forever
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase