Stratford stabbing: £10k raised for funeral of Baptista Adjei
- Credit: Met Police
More than £10,000 has been raised in memory of a 15-year-old stabbed to death in Stratford.
Baptista Adjei was pronounced dead at the scene in the Broadway on Thursday, October 10.
And now a fundraising page set up to "give him the best send off possible" has seen well-wishers donate more than £10,000 towards the North Woolwich teenager's funeral.
That figure - raised in just two days - is more than triple the page's original target of £3,000.
St Bonaventure's pupil Baptista was described as an extremely popular, friendly and talented student" by headteacher Christopher McCormack, who added: "The whole school is completely devastated. He will be missed by everyone who knew him."
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old boy was set to appear at Stratford Magistrates' Court today (Monday, October 14) charged with murder and GBH with intent.
To make a donation on the fundraising page, visit gofundme.com/f/baptistas-world-forever
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman