Baby taken to hospital after Forest Gate hit-and-run
- Credit: Google Maps
A 13-month-old baby was taken to hospital following a hit-and-run in Forest Gate.
The tot, who was in a pram at the time, was being pushed across a zebra crossing in Upton Lane, near the junction with Kitchener Road, at around 11pm last night by a woman in her 40s.
They were hit by a car, described as a white BMW 5 series, which then drove off.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and both woman and child were taken to hospital.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 or @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 9 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 10 School in Stratford unveils mural tribute to Marcus Rashford
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.