Baby taken to hospital after Forest Gate hit-and-run
- Credit: Google Maps
A 13-month-old baby was taken to hospital following a hit-and-run in Forest Gate.
The tot, who was in a pram at the time, was being pushed across a zebra crossing in Upton Lane, near the junction with Kitchener Road, at around 11pm last night by a woman in her 40s.
They were hit by a car, described as a white BMW 5 series, which then drove off.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and both woman and child were taken to hospital.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 or @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 2 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 3 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 4 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 5 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 7 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 8 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 9 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 10 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.