Baby taken to hospital after Forest Gate hit-and-run
- Credit: Google Maps
A 13-month-old baby was taken to hospital following a hit-and-run in Forest Gate.
The tot, who was in a pram at the time, was being pushed across a zebra crossing in Upton Lane, near the junction with Kitchener Road, at around 11pm last night by a woman in her 40s.
They were hit by a car, described as a white BMW 5 series, which then drove off.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and both woman and child were taken to hospital.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 or @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 7 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.