Baby taken to hospital after Forest Gate hit-and-run
- Credit: Google Maps
A 13-month-old baby was taken to hospital following a hit-and-run in Forest Gate.
The tot, who was in a pram at the time, was being pushed across a zebra crossing in Upton Lane, near the junction with Kitchener Road, at around 11pm last night by a woman in her 40s.
They were hit by a car, described as a white BMW 5 series, which then drove off.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and both woman and child were taken to hospital.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 or @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 10 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.