‘Baby for sale’: Three in court
A MARRIED couple from Forest Gate hvave appeared in court accused of a plot to sell their baby daughter for �35,000.
The pair, who cannot be identified, are said to have conspired with 48-year-old middle man Mohammad Javaid to abandon the 11-month-old with new parents.
But the buyers turned out to be undercover reporters from a Sunday newspaper, Inner London Crown Court has heard.
The trio spoke only to confirm their names during a plea and case management hearing, translated by Urdu interpreters.
Following legal submissions at Inner London Crown Court Judge Roger Chapple adjourned the hearing to February 15.
You may also want to watch:
The plea hearing had been adjourned to today following a previous court appearance in November.
Javaid, of Woodlands Road, Ilford, the 31-year-old man and the 28-year-old woman, of Forest Gate, east London, face a single charge of conspiracy to commit
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
child cruelty between September 1 and 23 last year.
The baby has been taken into the care of Newham Social Services and all three defendants were remanded in custody as before.