‘Baby for sale’: Three in court
A MARRIED couple from Forest Gate hvave appeared in court accused of a plot to sell their baby daughter for �35,000.
The pair, who cannot be identified, are said to have conspired with 48-year-old middle man Mohammad Javaid to abandon the 11-month-old with new parents.
But the buyers turned out to be undercover reporters from a Sunday newspaper, Inner London Crown Court has heard.
The trio spoke only to confirm their names during a plea and case management hearing, translated by Urdu interpreters.
Following legal submissions at Inner London Crown Court Judge Roger Chapple adjourned the hearing to February 15.
The plea hearing had been adjourned to today following a previous court appearance in November.
Javaid, of Woodlands Road, Ilford, the 31-year-old man and the 28-year-old woman, of Forest Gate, east London, face a single charge of conspiracy to commit
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
child cruelty between September 1 and 23 last year.
The baby has been taken into the care of Newham Social Services and all three defendants were remanded in custody as before.