Police appeal after woman saved from being raped in Upton Park
- Credit: Archant
Police have today appealed for two men who stopped a woman from being raped in Upton Park to come forward.
The victim was on her way home when she was grabbed in Redclyffe Road, going into William Morley Close, before being pushed to the floor and sexually assaulted.
The men were walking pass and shouted at her attacker who fled the scene on foot.
Officers have been unable to trace the two men, who are believed to be Asian and aged between 18 and 25, so are directly appealing to them to come forward.
They are also hunting the attacker who is white, of muscular build and around aged around 30 and was wearing a dark hoodie and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The two witnesses and anyone who has information about the attack which took place on April 22 at around 1.30am should call police on 101 quoting reference Cad 589/22Apr.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley