Attack on woman in Stratford as she chatted on her mobile
A woman talking on her mobile phone was attacked as she walked past West Ham Park in Stratford.
The thug snatched the 29-year-old’s mobile and as she tried to cling on to it she was kneed in the stomach on Friday, May 11 at 9.55pm in West Ham Lane The suspect is black, 5ft 5ins tall, aged approximately 23 years old and thin.
He was wearing a blue hooded top and black jeans.
Crime prevention advisor Pc Andy Whitfield says: “If you are a victim of this type of crime, do not attempt to confront the thief, however brave you are, it may result in you being seriously injured.
“Don’t give thieves an easy opportunity, think before you use your phone in public.
You may also want to watch:
“Don’t walk and make calls or text, you will be less aware of what is happening around you.
“If you phone is stolen, report it to your service provider immediately. Your phone has a unique IMEI number, to obtain this number type *#06#.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate