Attack on woman in Stratford as she chatted on her mobile
A woman talking on her mobile phone was attacked as she walked past West Ham Park in Stratford.
The thug snatched the 29-year-old’s mobile and as she tried to cling on to it she was kneed in the stomach on Friday, May 11 at 9.55pm in West Ham Lane The suspect is black, 5ft 5ins tall, aged approximately 23 years old and thin.
He was wearing a blue hooded top and black jeans.
Crime prevention advisor Pc Andy Whitfield says: “If you are a victim of this type of crime, do not attempt to confront the thief, however brave you are, it may result in you being seriously injured.
“Don’t give thieves an easy opportunity, think before you use your phone in public.
You may also want to watch:
“Don’t walk and make calls or text, you will be less aware of what is happening around you.
“If you phone is stolen, report it to your service provider immediately. Your phone has a unique IMEI number, to obtain this number type *#06#.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0