Attack on woman in Stratford as she chatted on her mobile
A woman talking on her mobile phone was attacked as she walked past West Ham Park in Stratford.
The thug snatched the 29-year-old’s mobile and as she tried to cling on to it she was kneed in the stomach on Friday, May 11 at 9.55pm in West Ham Lane The suspect is black, 5ft 5ins tall, aged approximately 23 years old and thin.
He was wearing a blue hooded top and black jeans.
Crime prevention advisor Pc Andy Whitfield says: “If you are a victim of this type of crime, do not attempt to confront the thief, however brave you are, it may result in you being seriously injured.
“Don’t give thieves an easy opportunity, think before you use your phone in public.
You may also want to watch:
“Don’t walk and make calls or text, you will be less aware of what is happening around you.
“If you phone is stolen, report it to your service provider immediately. Your phone has a unique IMEI number, to obtain this number type *#06#.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection