Asian gold robber from Canning Town sentenced to six years behind bars
- Credit: Archant
A criminal from Canning Town who attacked women and snatched their jewellery in West London has been jailed for six years.
A criminal from Canning Town who attacked women and snatched their jewellery has been jailed for six years.
Ralf Dautzenberg, 22, of Lawrence Street, targeted Asian women in Hayes and Southall for their gold necklaces, believed to be worth an estimated £20,000.
Dautzenberg was arrested in Hayes last June and pleaded guilty to 11 counts of robbery and one count of theft in November.
He was sentenced to six years behind bars at Isleworth Crown Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Dautzenberg was arrested after a police investigation in February was sparked by a number of “snatch” robberies committed by a man of the same description.
Each time, victims were approached from behind, their necks were grabbed, and their jewellery was ripped from them.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes
Dautzenberg resorted to violence on several occasions, punching his victims on the head and knocking them to the pavement.
Detective Chief Inspector Richard Turner, said: “I would like to place on record my recognition of the excellent detective work that went into this investigation. The dedicated enquiry team worked together with the Crown Prosecution Service to bring this violent offender to justice with the strongest and most compelling evidence.
“In total, Hillingdon CID investigated 25 individual offences of street robbery linked solely to Dautzenberg. This crime series came to a complete halt following his arrest and apprehension.
“Combating Asian gold theft remains a high priority for our policing team and we work tirelessly to support victims of violence and robbery through every stage of investigation. We want our community to feel safe and confident in any environment, but also remain aware of any potential dangers and immediately report any suspicious activity to the police.”