Asian gold robber from Canning Town sentenced to six years behind bars
- Credit: Archant
A criminal from Canning Town who attacked women and snatched their jewellery in West London has been jailed for six years.
A criminal from Canning Town who attacked women and snatched their jewellery has been jailed for six years.
Ralf Dautzenberg, 22, of Lawrence Street, targeted Asian women in Hayes and Southall for their gold necklaces, believed to be worth an estimated £20,000.
Dautzenberg was arrested in Hayes last June and pleaded guilty to 11 counts of robbery and one count of theft in November.
He was sentenced to six years behind bars at Isleworth Crown Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Dautzenberg was arrested after a police investigation in February was sparked by a number of “snatch” robberies committed by a man of the same description.
Each time, victims were approached from behind, their necks were grabbed, and their jewellery was ripped from them.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 9 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Dautzenberg resorted to violence on several occasions, punching his victims on the head and knocking them to the pavement.
Detective Chief Inspector Richard Turner, said: “I would like to place on record my recognition of the excellent detective work that went into this investigation. The dedicated enquiry team worked together with the Crown Prosecution Service to bring this violent offender to justice with the strongest and most compelling evidence.
“In total, Hillingdon CID investigated 25 individual offences of street robbery linked solely to Dautzenberg. This crime series came to a complete halt following his arrest and apprehension.
“Combating Asian gold theft remains a high priority for our policing team and we work tirelessly to support victims of violence and robbery through every stage of investigation. We want our community to feel safe and confident in any environment, but also remain aware of any potential dangers and immediately report any suspicious activity to the police.”